Did BDU Pants Change in 1985?

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Did BDU pants changes in 1985 with the change in the tops? Not talking about the HWBDU rip stop option, but the actual cut. I haven't been able to find any info on this, and I don't have a pre-1985 pair to compare. Thanks

I don’t remember the pants changing until we went to the NYCO ripstop. Only remember the coat collar getting smaller and either then or just a little later button tabs appearing on the sides. Had to maintain 2 sets of hot weather and 2sets of temperate BDUs once the hot weather ones came out and the old OG107 jungle fatigues were no longer authorized.

23 hours ago, Cap Camouflage Pattern I said:

Did BDU pants changes in 1985 with the change in the tops? Not talking about the HWBDU rip stop option, but the actual cut. I haven't been able to find any info on this, and I don't have a pre-1985 pair to compare. Thanks

Pants cargo pockets slimmed the fold so they weren’t as deep as they had been right from the Vietnam period. 

a separate jeans style waistband was introduced by some manufacturers 

Movement of the cargo pocket 1st button ( near the sewn down flap ) repositioned as before it caused pocket exposure even when buttoned letting things fall out. It was moved to about halfway from right at the front. 

the knee tucks were also moved closer to the cargo pockets near to the top of the reinforced patch rather than the middle. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2020 at 4:14 PM, Bravo2zero said:

Pants cargo pockets slimmed the fold so they weren’t as deep as they had been right from the Vietnam period. 

a separate jeans style waistband was introduced by some manufacturers 

Movement of the cargo pocket 1st button ( near the sewn down flap ) repositioned as before it caused pocket exposure even when buttoned letting things fall out. It was moved to about halfway from right at the front. 

the knee tucks were also moved closer to the cargo pockets near to the top of the reinforced patch rather than the middle. 

What do you mean by knee tucks? If you had pics of the differences to post, it would be great.
Do you mean the pleats on the knee reinforcements? I only saw it disappear, I think by 1989 or 1990 (not sure on the exact date).
I will also add that pre 89/90 pants also feature reinforced crotch (on the back)
s-l1600.jpg.ac15aa413f8b24124ea12e20490df852.jpgs-l160ee0.jpg.8c3a600885ae442daff5dd32f55f0a0f.jpgs-l160r0.jpg.d3b58c200afe6d581f6f71f93b628cfb.jpg