Help with Raider and Para Patch, American Casper

nchistory

Any help with this Raider and Para Patch is greatly appreciated.  They look WW2 kinda like the ones you see with WOSK tag, so assuming American made.  It appears the Raider is the "smiling", "Casper" style patch, and both look scrapbook removed.  Can someone help with the technical or mechanics of these patches?  All information is greatly appreciated.

r.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

I think when you ask can you help with technicals and mechanicals you are asking why is this a WW2 patch? Judging by the pics you took and the number of posts you have you are not a novice. Your pics obviously show that you know about blacklight test and showing the back you are showing the stitching construction so you know about "snowy" look, etc. These are classic WW2 patches and hope you purchased at a good price, congrats.

7 minutes ago, mortaydc60 said:

I think when you ask can you help with technicals and mechanicals you are asking why is this a WW2 patch? Judging by the pics you took and the number of posts you have you are not a novice. Your pics obviously show that you know about blacklight test and showing the back you are showing the stitching construction so you know about "snowy" look, etc. These are classic WW2 patches and hope you purchased at a good price, congrats.

Thanks for your response, just trying to get some validation, as I am a novice @ WW2 period patches.  Now ask me about Revolutionary War  or Confederate buttons, and I'm your man.  As for price, $50 a piece.

I agree both are WW2 era patches being edged cut borders with the white cotton return thread on the back which is what collectors look for.  However I'm guessing you have already noticed your Raider SSI has a stitching error where the white diamond border and stars aren't centered like they were supposed to have been embroidered and are off set to the right.  The star on the far right extends into the border.  I'm not sure if something like this would cause the patch to be rejected for sale as it is my understanding that numerous patches are embroidered together on large sheets of material at one time so an off set stitching error on one patch is duplicated on all of the patches on the specific sheet.   So this is a question that maybe other members on the forum can answer.  Do these error patches get placed into a reject bin and sometimes afterwards make their way into the collector's market by an employee who kept them instead of destroying them or does the factories forgo quality control issues and sell them with their other non error embroidered patches so as not to lose any money. 

34 minutes ago, Tonomachi said:

I agree both are WW2 era patches being edged cut borders with the white cotton return thread on the back which is what collectors look for.  However I'm guessing you have already noticed your Raider SSI has a stitching error where the white diamond border and stars aren't centered like they were supposed to have been embroidered and are off set to the right.  The star on the far right extends into the border.  I'm not sure if something like this would cause the patch to be rejected for sale as it is my understanding that numerous patches are embroidered together on large sheets of material at one time so an off set stitching error on one patch is duplicated on all of the patches on the specific sheet.   So this is a question that maybe other members on the forum can answer.  Do these error patches get placed into a reject bin and sometimes afterwards make their way into the collector's market by an employee who kept them instead of destroying them or does the factories forgo quality control issues and sell them with their other non error embroidered patches so as not to lose any money. 

Good question, I did notice the star crossed the border, and had been looking for a similar one to verify.