Can someone confirm a USMC WW2 Vet ID

I have this named mess tin that came from a local estate sale many years ago.  Its marked Blackie Luebbert  but as I recall the Vets first name was John.  He supposedly served as a combat marine during WW2.  As I understood it the unit he served in was the same unit that many of the Marine raiders were transferred to after their unit was disbanded.   Can anyone confirm that for me.  Greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

DSC_0121.JPG

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Hi

i looked for your marine John Luebbert but nothing I could find. 

I’ll try and dig deeper for you 

- Dean 

"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions."

Always looking for ww2 USMC items, helmets and any camo'd items

"thinking outside of the box"

New website

https://combatusedmilitaria.com

Find A Grave has two John Luebberts of about the right age, one KIA in France, and another, PFC John A Luebbert, who was in the Army Air Corps. No Marines that I could see. Find A Grave isn’t exhaustive, so there still could be a Marine with that name, but I’ve found it a pretty good place for this sort of thing. 

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/117844971/john-anthony-luebbert

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Always looking for items from these men (family members):
Even if not to buy, to know where they are would be great.
Cornelius Doherty - 108th Field Artillery, Pennsylvania NG, WWI Joseph A. Doherty - 7th Infantry Regiment, 3rd ID. KIA March 3, 1944.
Harry Riley - 62nd Armored Field Artillery Bn, Died August 13, 1944. Robert Lester Mahler - I/3/24, 4th Marine Div. WIA March 8, 1945.
Thomas R. Riley - USAAF Joshua L. Doherty - With a Seabee Unit, I believe.
Ens. Alex A. Gorski, USNR - Died as a POW, January 28, 1945. Capt. Henry Gorski, USN (ret.)
Remembering their service and sacrifice.

Wonder if this is him, although not John.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/196699249/joseph-raymond-luebbert

j1.jpg

j2.jpg

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.

Oh good, I was hoping it would be.  You're welcome.  Have a good one!  -- Matt

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.