Straps on a M1928 Haversack Configuration

Brady556

2 run to the lower D rings on the bottom of the pack. 2 run towards the front and attach to the ammo belt.  The 2 on the bottom of the pack body attach to the rear of the ammo belt. 
Plenty of pictures available on the net. 

overall, a horrible pack.

I meant how are the straps with buckles actually configured? I have looked for pictures, but there are no closeups of the webbing and buckles. 

iron bender

Another thought. Do you have a pair of WW2 manufactured LBE suspenders? Identical configuration (sans the rear straps)

19 hours ago, Rhscott said:

2 run to the lower D rings on the bottom of the pack. 2 run towards the front and attach to the ammo belt.  The 2 on the bottom of the pack body attach to the rear of the ammo belt. 
Plenty of pictures available on the net. 

overall, a horrible pack.

Rhscott,

Are you saying that the D rings that 2 of the straps attach to are the D rings that are to be found on the attached tail or diaper?  Right now on my display I have all 4 straps attached to the garand web belt and have been wondering if this correct.  TIA

CG

3 hours ago, cgutierrez said:

Rhscott,

Are you saying that the D rings that 2 of the straps attach to are the D rings that are to be found on the attached tail or diaper?  Right now on my display I have all 4 straps attached to the garand web belt and have been wondering if this correct.  TIA

CG

The two front most straps attach to the belt, the other two attach back to the haversack using either the 2 D rings on the pack body or if a pack tail is used, then to the pack tail D rings.  These straps stabilize the pack and load.  
*By the textbook you will then have 2 pack straps attached to the cartridge belt about 2nd eyelet back, 2 pack straps attached under and behind your arm back to the pack body and finally the single or double strap of the pack attached to the rear of the cartridge belt. The idea was both the pack and the cartridge belt would then be supported and stabilized. 

*By practice in the field you usually saw two straps attached to the pack (much like wearing a backpack) and 2 straps on the front of the belt or not at all. This was easier to drop the pack if needed quickly.