Help with a WWI Roll of Honor for the Tenth Ohio Infantry Company H

charleston

Hello,

I recently picked this up at a local auction here in Ohio, and have been trying to find info on the 10th Ohio Infantry and havent had any luck.  Does anyone have any info?

Thanks

Civil_War_and_WWI_Grouping_001.JPG

Civil_War_and_WWI_Grouping_002.JPG

Civil_War_and_WWI_Grouping_003.JPG

Civil_War_and_WWI_Grouping_004.JPG

After being drafted into federal service for WW1 the 10th Ohio was divided between the elements of the 73rd and 74th Infantry Brigades, 37th Division. 

A detachment of the 10th Ohio was also incorporated into the 62nd Field Artilley Brigade, 37th Division.

I'm not 100% sure on this point but I think Company H, 10th Ohio was based at Youngstown and had originally been Company H, 5th Ohio.  I think it was reassigned to the 10th Ohio after the 5th Ohio was mustered out of Federal service after serving on the Mexican border.

Hi,

National Guard units lost their state designations when they were drafted into federal service.  Some were kept together in new units (for example, the 4th Ohio Infantry was used as the base regiment to organize the 145th Infantry) while others were broken up with their personnel being scattered among a number of different commands.  The 10th Ohio Infantry fell into the latter category, with its personnel being distributed as follows:

Cos. I, K, L, & M: 136th Machine Gun Battalion

Cos. A, B, part of G, & Machine Gun Company: 135th Machine Gun Battalion

Co. C & part of Co. G.: 112th Trench Mortar Battery

Hq. Co. (less band), Sup. Co., & Cos. D, E, F, H, & part of G: 134th Machine Gun Battalion

Band: Camp Sherman, Ohio

Source for this information is Order of Battle of the United States Land Forces in the World War.  Zone of the Interior: Organization and Activities of the War Department, Volume 3, Part 1.  Page 301.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I have been a bit busy lately and haven't been able to respond.  Thank you both for all the info.  It is much appreciated.