New Project

Ronnie

I like miniature guns and gear and over the years I have had several items  made for me. My good friend Ben Arnold Made me a few dummy M1 rifles that I intend to place in a gun crate some day. I took one of the guns that Ben made to a very good old friend that is a carpenter who can make anything. I asked him to make me another one of the guns like Ben made. However this one was to be made from real mahogany. He did an outstanding job. The piece sat around for a good many years now and this past weekend I started a project to complete the gun. It isn’t finished but it is coming along very well. Here are a few pictures. Today I purchased some sling swivels and I have an old military style sling that is smaller than the original Garand sling and will look great on the gun.

Thank you for looking.

Ronnie

3E78AEF3-E0F2-4364-B6DC-21D8E0FB63BB.jpeg

489C54FD-ACE2-4808-A949-A45251F4B14D.jpeg

526193F5-0242-43C4-886A-35596F193031.jpeg

Really like the rifle and surprised we've got a set of patio chairs to match yours, very comfortable to sit and watch the Mississippi roll by..George

Cool and thanks. Where on the Mississippi do you live. I live very close to the river in Northwest Mississippi.

Ronnie

Ronnie live in Keokuk Iowa on the Missouri border and home is above Lock & dam 19.  Most of these guys won't know what we're talking about when give a lock & dam a number...

All the lock and dams are up there where you live. The river is so wide here it would be a heckuva lock and dam.

Thanks.

Ronnie

Greg if we had one of these when we were kids we would have been the king of the hill! 

Thanks for the reply.

Ronnie

• 11 months later...

With the exception of the stacking ring I have finished my mini M1 Garand. I picked up some 1” Sling Swivels which are very close to the correct scale. Installed them tonight. And added the small 1907 Sling I had. I had to use regular size keepers and it looks ok but I will probably take those off and reduce their size to fit the sling properly.

1CA18422-8F79-46BF-8D95-D4A1196DEB09.jpeg

6E498E00-BA95-483A-B57A-6B3FD3F0C51A.jpeg

0CDF8CD0-09E9-42B0-B0BE-003C211EA25A.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...