m1917a1 straight from oahu

shadawg

my first and only m1917a1. it was love at first sight. purchased from an estate picker in Honolulu, i like to think that this is the first time that this helmet has been conus since the war

DSC04814.JPG

2 minutes ago, shadawg said:

my first and only m1917a1. it was love at first sight. purchased from an estate picker in Honolulu, i like to think that this is the first time that this helmet has been conus since the war

DSC04814.JPG

DSC04816.JPG

if it's been in Hawaii since WW2, it probably was there during the attacks on PEARL HARBOR , it's well preserved.

I would put together a PEARL HARBOR display with LIFE MAGAZINE and this helmet

1 hour ago, BOLO said:

This issue of LIFE MAGAZINE would look good on display with your M1917A1 helmet from Hawaii

LIFE 1942.jpg

that it would. whenver i set up my office again after i move, id like to have a little corner set aside for such a display

2 hours ago, Jim McCauley said:

Oh!  That's a sweet one for sure. 

thanks a lot, its special to me for sure

1 hour ago, Nickman983 said:

Nice find! I've got a soft spot for these M1917A1s, especially painted ones like yours.

i couldn't believe the luck when i saw it. i figured i had waited long enough, and this one was definitely the one

There are tons of 1917A1's out here but most are in absolutely horrible condition. I turned one down this weekend because it was more rust then helmet 😅. That's a beautiful helmet for Oahu. Nice find!