1/35 Scale M3A4 Hand Cart & Paratroopers.

Old Marine

This is a resin kit that I found online.  It's made by Plus models in the Czech Republic.  Plus models makes some interesting small things like this.  Eventually this will be a little figure vignette of the Paratroopers in Normandy hauling ammo and other supplies, based on the photo.  The figures are resin from Nemrod.

I'll post more as I go along.

Thanks

Dennis

Hand Cart 01.jpg

Hand Cart 02.jpg

Hand Cart 03.jpg

Hand Cart04.jpg

Hand Cart 05.jpg

Hand Cart 06.jpg

cook1.jpg

Dennis,

Another project! I love to watch your work take shape. You have really kept yourself busy during this crazy time!

...Kat

5 hours ago, doyler said:

Cant wait to see where this ones "rolling" off to. 😉 

Boooooooo...  hiss...

😜

Dennis,

I have a question. I noticed the leg from the knee down on one figure is a different color. Did you take the leg off another figure and attach it to this one to make him look like he is walking? 

Thanks, Kat

Hi Kat.  Yes those two figures are the same.  But, the  figure with dark leg was broken off at the ankle.  But, that break  worked out well.  I  didn't want them to be exactly alike so I altered the leg just to get some  variation.  With different arm positions and heads plus different gear and weapons will make them less identical.  

Wow Dennis, looks like you're cooking up another simple but good storytelling vignette. BTW the cart looks like the one that was used by paratroopers in the movie The Longest Day where they wheeled John Wayne with his broken ankle into St. Mere Eglise.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Proud Kraut

Dennis, I can only echo what you have posted about Plus models. I have built a couple myself and they are a great addition to the hobby. Top job so far!

21 hours ago, Old Marine said:

Hi Kat.  Yes those two figures are the same.  But, the  figure with dark leg was broken off at the ankle.  But, that break  worked out well.  I  didn't want them to be exactly alike so I altered the leg just to get some  variation.  With different arm positions and heads plus different gear and weapons will make them less identical.  

I

Dennis,

I do love to watch your progress. I am just curious about how you get them looking so great.  Do you prefer to use arms and legs from other models to get the look you want or do you cut the figure then reshape to get your look? Does this make sense?

...Kat

Kat, I mix and match parts form all different figure sets.  I also have a box full of leftover and unused parts that I use to bash together one of a kind figures.  You can alter the figure by cutting and filling the gaps.  If you look closely at the second photo,  you can see the big gap under the arm of the figure with the dark foot.  I held the arm in place with a brass pin, to get the right angle and then filled it with model putty.  If you noticed all the hands on the guys pulling the car have been replaced.  

I added 2 more figures, one guy giving directions to the cart pullers and another guy making coffee.  If you notice all those hand have been replaced too.  Those little gestures, like the way his  hand is resting on his knee or on guys gripping the cart, one guy's hand is forward and the other is back make the figures more natural looking and interesting.  It's also a good way to waste time while sitting inside.

Anyway, some more photos of the progress.

Hand Cart 07.jpg

Hand Cart 08.jpg

Hand Cart 09.jpg

Hand Cart 10.jpg

Dennis,

I'm afraid that none of your figures can be paratroopers... None of them have an M3 knife strapped to their calf! :lol:

I'm enjoying watching the project come along!

Allan

Proud Kraut
31 minutes ago, Allan H. said:

Dennis,

I'm afraid that none of your figures can be paratroopers... None of them have an M3 knife strapped to their calf! :lol:

I'm enjoying watching the project come along!

Allan

+1 - I´m sure Dennis can add them ad once!

14 hours ago, Old Marine said:

I had my doubts about that too, there are no wrist compasses.

The smoking gun! I say FAKE!!!! :lol:

Dennis, I almost spit coffee across the monitor when I read your last post! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Allan

Allan, I guess they really are paratroopers after all.  The kneeling guy has an M3 strapped to his ankle.  It's molded on the figure and I didn't even notice it until I started painting the figures.  The guy pointing lost his helmet in the jump, but luckily he found one in a barn with the original net and scrim.

Anyway, here are some more progress photos. The painted figures and the ground work is done.  The ground work is spackle over styrene sheets and then covered with static grass and  grass tufts.  The figures are painted with Tamiya and Vallejo acrylics with a touch of artist's gouache.  The the gouache keeps the colors perfectly flat.

Thanks all.

Hand Cart 11.jpg

Hand Cart 12.jpg

Hand Cart 13.jpg

Hand Cart 14.jpg

Great job on those figures, Dennis. Tremendous attention to detail. The groundwork is outstanding as always. Another little vignette that will tell a story of WWII.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thanks for allowing me to post this here.  If any one wants to post any 82nd , Airborne or D-Day related insignia or artifacts please feel free.

D

Hand Cart 27.jpg

Hand Cart 28.jpg

Hand Cart 29.jpg

Hand Cart 30.jpg

Hand Cart 31.jpg

Wunderbar! The detail and painting of the figures is simply amazing. Another fantastic vignette, thanks very much for sharing your work here!