Experimental model 8 helmet !!!!!

just-a-good-ole-boy

Ya, and all the surviving Soldiers would now be packed in the VA's trying to get pain medication to help their gimped up necks!

Yeah, I guess it could be like carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders... ah, head?

4fe0_3.jpg

Outta bring a nice price -- I sold one recently that was missing the face shield...and it closed at a price that shocked me. Nice piece!

Was this intended to be an standard helmet with a optional face shield or was it made special from another purpose?

This was one of several prototypes that were considered and tested by the Army to replace the M1917 after WWI. Gladly, this and some of the other more wild designs, never made it. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
just-a-good-ole-boy

Well guys i am really PO'd!! mad.gif I relisted this darn helmet after I blocked the bidder "100*kisses "who didnt pay for it the first time. Well he got the high bid again for 300 less under a different ebay name "sweetlick" crybaby.gif . I contacted ebay and I am not sure what they are gonna do but they said I would see them become unregistered users. Not sure what that is gonna do exactly. I guess I am meant to keep it. Maybe I will take it to the SOS for trade material. :dry:

Steve, I can not believe the same contemptible moron had the audacity to bid on this thing again! mad.gif You may have to look at this as that your meant to keep it... for my Christmas present. :lol:

i think ppl dont like experimentals... crying.gif

Experimentals are very interesting to have. I'd like to have one myself but, let's face it, if we have a choice between a "been there... done that" unit or rank marked WWII M-1 that is named to a certain individual -OR- an experimental helmet... it's an easy decision, I'm going to take the M-1 for $1,300.00 verses the experimental, no matter how rare. As has been stated, a rare item is only as rare as those who are willing to pay for it. Sad testimony but, true. ermm.gif

Experimentals are very interesting to have. I'd like to have one myself but, let's face it, if we have a choice between a "been there... done that" unit or rank marked WWII M-1 that is named to a certain individual -OR- an experimental helmet... it's an easy decision, I'm going to take the M-1 for $1,300.00 verses the experimental, no matter how rare. As has been stated, a rare item is only as rare as those who are willing to pay for it. Sad testimony but, true. ermm.gif

lets face another true...allmost none of the helmets is a match to the liner...is just a liner in a helmet...i'm buying helmets from the greek army...does anyone out there is so stupid to believe that after 70 long years and numberless soldiers the original helmets have still the same original liner??? oh...come on guys....lets buy & sale helmets not stories...the same applies to the US army or any other army...i know a good story brings more cash but lets keep it real....i'm finding helmets that are a perfect match to the liners as they'v got the same extent of attrition but almost certainly that happened some time in the 60s 70s or 80s...i dont believe the very early liner was in the same very early pot from 1941!!! simply the sellers telling a funky strory to get more bucks & the buyers are victims of their stupidity so i dont feel sorry for them...nobody wants to buy a good nice original honest helmet without suspicious painted decals & other crap...so the fakers doing very well what they do...they dont sale the helmet..they sale the story & it works...