Enlisted trooper with ike officers jacket?

101STCOLLECTOR

101STCOLLECTOR

Hi everybody 

Did enlisted  GIs carry officer ikes in the ETO?. I've been told that not allowed per regulations but many enlisted carried officers jackets because good looking .

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you all in advance 

CNY Militaria

I've seen and owned plenty of original untouched Enlisted Ike Jackets with the "Officer's" label inside. 

Rakkasan187

Not uncommon for enlisted Soldiers to have Officer's Ike jackets. I have a few myself direct from the veteran..

Leigh

They wouldn't be the Chocolate shades, shade 51,we should think, not to any great degree, if worn,which we think really would be rare, then worn when out of the service at home. Those Shade 51 IKE's were Privately tailored type in the main anyway.

This below and those like it will be the Officers IKEs refered to, and for whatever circumstance were acquired by EMs. The Quartermaster Corps, Government Contract Type (Officers still had to buy theirs) note the shade is just like the EM type, the only real difference is the Tag.REGULATION ARMY OFFICER'S JACKET.

image.png.67016dc08d94ceb7182dc98a6c41cab1.pngimage.png.c74f8057cbb2fafc156338d7b8c0302d.pngimage.png.b45af21791636d31b4b7a6f484349bd0.png