MISLS on Ebay

mortaydc60

There is an MISLS currently listed as a BIN on Ebay that I wish to caution the forum on checking out the description. Says it is Japanese construction and possibly post war 1950 made. The one you usually want is US made during WW2. Feel that this is a made for collectors example. The price is very tempting at first glance but do your homework and read the description and compare to others listed which are more money but the point is that you can see the difference in construction and is a good learning tool. Hope this is of some help.

s-l1600-17.jpg

A Real One And Mort Is Correct The One He Posted You Do Not Want.Scotty

img717.jpg

img718.jpg

Thanks Bill!  Sorry did not post the back of the bad one so you could see difference in the stitch pattern. Other details to look for are the bottom S is slanted or crooked when compared to rest of letters and the E in student is not the same.

1 hour ago, mortaydc60 said:

Thanks Bill!  Sorry did not post the back of the bad one so you could see difference in the stitch pattern. Other details to look for are the bottom S is slanted or crooked when compared to rest of letters and the E in student is not the same.

this is the back of the ebay one for reference 

s-l1600.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Looked at this one also, I'm just not sure, it looks awfully tempting, but could be a very costly error.  I'm not bidding on it but plan on watching, just not sure...George

Have never seen this version only believe fully embroidered. Might be wrong but the work especially in the black bend looks computer done.

The above twill version just sold for close to $400. Have feeling the buyer is relatively new to hobby by the number of winning bids; but would not have advised this purchase if asked.

Watched that one and sorry for the winner, I've never seen or heard of this embroidered in twill variation of this super tough patch, it looked tempting though...George

I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.Here is a real one and the only version I would trust.Scotty

img717.jpg

img718.jpg