Question about early WW2 US helmet w fiber liner

CW4AFB

Gents---the Virginia National Guard Historical Foundation recently received this helmet as a donation: we have two basic questions:  

1. Is it the real deal?--to my novice eyes it appears to be but the folks here know a lot more....

2. The note with it said it was used in "Task Force T" as part of the Twelfth Army Group--any idea what Task Force T did?  

Appreciate any insights,

S/f

Al

T Force helmet low res.JPG

T Force helmet liner rear low res.JPG

T force Helmet low res (2).JPG

T Force helmet right side low res.JPG

T Force Liner low res.JPG

ArchangelDM

I know nothing of the Virginia national guard, but let me tell you that is an incredible original helmet set. 

first pattern hawley liner with early fixed bail helmet , heavily used. 

Wow 

- Dean

manayunkman

That’s an incredible beauty.

Can’t wait to find out what it is for.

Other than what you know were you told anything else about it, is it named?

That's a beauty!

I wonder if it could be related to the 6th and 12th  Army Groups "T" Force  (Headquarters Detachment Intelligence Assault Force).

Definitely a nice set. Most helmets have nothing painted on them and the liner still has the permanent mounted chinstrap. Something that's usually gone. The early rayon seems to have a habit of having formed tears over decades and that one looks like it has very dirty webbing. Not sure how or if you would want to clean the liner's interior but definitely don;t oil the shell or anything. That will eventually ruin the paint. Congratulations.

18 hours ago, Alex Boban said:

That's a beauty!

I wonder if it could be related to the 6th and 12th  Army Groups "T" Force  (Headquarters Detachment Intelligence Assault Force).

To Alex , Okie, Archangel, SGT D, JMD and Manaya--thanks greatly for confirming its authenticity---nothing worse than putting up a display and then finding out you got it wrong---

Alex--it must be the same "T" force but what did a HQ Detachment Intelligence Assault Force do for a living?

This is a name associated with the helmet--it's written in ink on the chinstrap---When I get more time, I plan to chase that thread to see what I can out about him.

regards, Al

ArchangelDM
6 minutes ago, CW4AFB said:

To Alex , Okie, Archangel, SGT D, JMD and Manaya--thanks greatly for confirming its authenticity---nothing worse than putting up a display and then finding out you got it wrong---

Alex--it must be the same "T" force but what did a HQ Detachment Intelligence Assault Force do for a living?

This is a name associated with the helmet--it's written in ink on the chinstrap---When I get more time, I plan to chase that thread to see what I can out about him.

regards, Al

If you need any help looking him up let me know and I’ll also look for you 

great helmet 

yours

Dean 

On 7/21/2020 at 9:36 AM, ArchangelDM said:

If you need any help looking him up let me know and I’ll also look for you 

great helmet 

yours

Dean 

Dean - thanks - PM Sent.

Al