Photoshop help please

gijoeonthego

gijoeonthego

Hello Everyone...I just posted awhile ago about Thomas Brennan's Bronze Star Medal on another category. I am asking a big favor here. I know some of you members are proficent with Photoshop. Can someone "fix" this photo especially the crease on the bottom half. Keep the original colors. I would like to print this and give it as a gift to some. Either PM with results or share your work here. I thank you so much. It means a lot to me.

TJB Combo- Small.jpg

The Rooster
10 minutes ago, gijoeonthego said:

Hello Everyone...I just posted awhile ago about Thomas Brennan's Bronze Star Medal on another category. I am asking a big favor here. I know some of you members are proficent with Photoshop. Can someone "fix" this photo especially the crease on the bottom half. Keep the original colors. I would like to print this and give it as a gift to some. Either PM with results or share your work here. I thank you so much. It means a lot to me.

TJB Combo- Small.jpg

Do you have the original ? Did you make the scan ? How big is your image ?

gijoeonthego

I joined 2 pictures together. The bottom one is from a newspaper. The actually image is 848kbs. It's here smaller so I can post it. I can send it to your personal email.

Thanks,

Mark

The Rooster
53 minutes ago, gijoeonthego said:

I joined 2 pictures together. The bottom one is from a newspaper. The actually image is 848kbs. It's here smaller so I can post it. I can send it to your personal email.

Thanks,

Mark

It needs to be re scanned. Scan it at a 15 degree angle. if that doesnt eliminate the noise try it at 30 degrees.

Then when you get a good high res scan send me a PM and I'l send you my Email. and I'l fix the tear.

If you scan in newspaper clippings or anything with a halftone pattern you will get terrible noise like you have in the bottom photo. Turning it to 15 or 30 degrees on the scanner bed snd then scanning it should get rid of the noise. Try it out.

And make it a high resolution scan. At least 300 dpi

gijoeonthego

I scanned 2 pictures. Top from a camera and bottom from a newspaper. Web online joined together. This is the result. I can take pictures separate for you and email to you to join together and fix any problems.