What is this ‘loop’ panel for?

Recently acquired this plate carrier with pouches attached- was wondering what this Velcro (loop side) brown panel with a male clip on top is for?  It is attached via MOLLE to the outside of one of the magazine pouches.  Has a black plastic tab at the bottom.  First pic of the panel in question, then the entire carrier, can’t seem to prevent the pics from changing orientation, but I think you’ll get the idea.  Thanks.

F7996CCA-6C4B-444E-AA33-FF9205D4CEB4.jpeg

134AA43F-D736-4D08-A805-9A6E51957973.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the hook and loop part of a private purchase IFAK. A lot of the private IFAKs are velcro'd on so they can be removed and opened next to a casualty making it easier to locate the proper equipment. 

Mind you thats just a guess but the IFAK I carried had a similar feature. 

US Army National Guard 2008 - 2018.

US Air Force Reserve 2018 - Present.

Thanks for the lead DocCollector1441- the vest does have another pouch around the right side that is marked with a Red Cross in marker on the flap, it doesn’t look like the standard IFAK pouches I have seen before but I would think was used for first aid supplies judging by the cross.  I know it would be personal preference, but from what you have seen is carrying more than one IFAK done?

Another online search, and I couldn’t find one that looked exactly like it, but there are IFAK kits out there that attach to similar looking panel.  Unless someone has another idea of what it could be for, I am leaning toward some IFAK variation.  Thanks for the replies. 

I was a medic and I carried multiple IFAKs so that I could treat most of the immediate casualties without having to get into my aid bag. I also carried 2 variations so that my personal IFAK was distinguishable from the others that carried more medical supplies. 

I cannot think of any other equipment besides maybe an admin/map type pouch that you would want to be detachable via velcro.

US Army National Guard 2008 - 2018.

US Air Force Reserve 2018 - Present.

I'm just guessing, but could it be some kind of holder for a cell phone?  I googled "molle cell phone holder" and I couldn't find that exact thing but a lot of stuff looks similar.