M1911 A1 group

mikedon

A few U.S. WWII KA-BAR blade marked USMC 1219C2’s knives and M1911 A1’s for the weekend. The first three KA-BAR’s have a blued blade finish, next one Bonderized blade finish, and the last one a dark Parkerized blade finish. The .45’s are Colt, US&S, Remington Rand, and Ihtaca, (in the box).

KA-BAR's & 1911's-2=.jpg

phantomfixer

I woke up this morning to the Andrew Sisters in Buck Privates...and now this...my day could not get better....

thanks for the sharing the .45s and blades...not gonna lie...my jaw hit the floor

Impressive display as is! Can't say I have an original 1911 yet. A Colt would be nice but they made the most. A decent US&S would be very cool for a mid-war example. Nice to see these nice

examples. I'm sure a lot of time and effort went into putting these together. I still don't understand how some stuff that was in such demand managed to survive in the original boxes and packaging for 75+ years. Do you have a USMC emphasis in your collection?

Interesting thing about the Singers is most believe they all went to airmen yet I remember a marine vet who kept his 1911 speaking on some documentary telling about getting it. They landed on some island for deployment to the lines and some crates of 1911's were dropped off and broken open, said help yourself. No holsters, just the guns. He stuck one in his belt and went on. Showing it in the documentary the sucker was a Singer of all things! Who knows what the actual stories of some of these pieces are.

On 7/19/2020 at 5:44 PM, thorin6 said:

No Singer M1911A1?  I"m waiting for that one to show up before I comment on what a great grouping.

On 7/21/2020 at 3:14 AM, Okie96 said:

Impressive display as is! Can't say I have an original 1911 yet. A Colt would be nice but they made the most. A decent US&S would be very cool for a mid-war example. Nice to see these nice

examples. I'm sure a lot of time and effort went into putting these together. I still don't understand how some stuff that was in such demand managed to survive in the original boxes and packaging for 75+ years. Do you have a USMC emphasis in your collection?

Interesting thing about the Singers is most believe they all went to airmen yet I remember a marine vet who kept his 1911 speaking on some documentary telling about getting it. They landed on some island for deployment to the lines and some crates of 1911's were dropped off and broken open, said help yourself. No holsters, just the guns. He stuck one in his belt and went on. Showing it in the documentary the sucker was a Singer of all things! Who knows what the actual stories of some of these pieces are.

I thought WW2 production had Remington Rand producing the most with Ithica and Cold in the middle and US&S being the least...(Singer excluded of course).

5 hours ago, collector said:

Hey, leave some for the rest of us.

Would like to see more shots of the 1911A1s please.

I only have this one individual picture of the Ithaca. It is pictured in Scott Meadows book. I can get them back out and take some individual pictures if you like.

Ithaca 6-21-10 018=.jpg

post-403-0-78782000-1440983595[1].jpg

Nice set of pistols! Sure, any shots are appreciated, interesting to see the changes over the production life. Those pistols are a big favorite of mine. If any of them are arsenal refurbs could you add it to this thread please:

Thanks!