Metal WWI Toy soldiers, not exactly miliaria...

dag

Picked these up in an antique shop yesterday. Have seen some like these numerous times, but never the flag bearer, so had to pick up this pair yesterday. But don't know anything about when or where these were made. Can anyone help?

20200718_145011.jpg

These are American made and are called dime store figures by collectors. They date from the 30's thru the 1950's (although a pod footed version was made into the 1960's). Most were made by two company's: Barclay and Manoil. I am not up on these to I'd the specific maker of these, but I believe the flagbearer is by Barclay, post WWII. The marching figure with rifle slung looks like a Manoil. Listed by Richard O'Brien as #67 soldier with gun and pack marching in his identification guide. 

27 minutes ago, Dirk said:

These are American made and are called dime store figures by collectors. They date from the 30's thru the 1950's (although a pod footed version was made into the 1960's). Most were made by two company's: Barclay and Manoil. I am not up on these to I'd the specific maker of these, but I believe the flagbearer is by Barclay, post WWII. The marching figure with rifle slung looks like a Manoil. Listed by Richard O'Brien as #67 soldier with gun and pack marching in his identification guide. 

Thanks for the reply. Didn't realize two different eras, but that's ok. The rifleman does have Manoil on the base (was hard to read, now know what I'm looking for). Thanks

Hi Dag, Dirk - and some other nice forum members - were pretty helpful in my recent toy soldier find.  

If you are interested, that topic (which I hijacked) is here: 

Cool finds!