Looking for a good book to help a novice ID/collect EGAs, what book do you suggest? Any for sale? Thanks for any help in advance. Dwayne

Dwayne

I think the best book book on the market is Timothy Klie ' s book "United States Marine Corps Eagle, Globe, and Anchor Emblem: 1868-1963 Pictorial Guide."

You can order from Amazon or ebay. Read the feedback on Amazon - all five stars.

Klie's book is definately the best! I have been collecting EGA's for a few years and will share that I have found the learning curve to be steep.  There are many variations and just when you think you have it all figured out another variation or hallmark shows up that has you going back to the book. But, that is the fun of collecting EGA's, unlike many of the army or Navy insignia, you never seem to get "them all." It keeps your interest peaked and your search never ends. So enjoy your quest!

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Seeking USMC insignia, ega's Aviation, Airborne. U.S. Army Airborne patches & wings. U.S. Navy Specialty rates patches

In Memory of a loyal friend & WWII Vet Major Earl C. Willey and his USMC Brother Lloyd Vernon Willey who survived three years and 6 months as a Japanese POW in Burma & Thailand prison camps.

The other option is United States Marine Corps Emblems 1804 to World War I by Frederick L Briuer. It has a more detailed focus on early emblems and a more scholarly approach, but as the name suggests, it only goes up to WWI. I think I heard at some point that there is a second volume in the works. I have both books and dig through them both when researching an emblem. 

On 7/19/2020 at 4:10 AM, daskrieg said:

Thanks for the input i just purchased it from eBay.. 

you won’t be disappointed!

The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps. (General A. A. Vandegrift, USMC, 5 May 1946)

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

HOLY SH@T!!!! there is a lot of information in this book...its gonna take me forever to go through it...money well spent!!

Dwayne