WWII Bronze Star recipient mystery

gijoeonthego

gijoeonthego

Can someone help me find a document with Order and number for a Bronze Star Medal awarded to WWII Veteran, Major (later at Lt. Col.) Thomas J. (Joseph) Brennan. O 539 479, 732nd Railway Operating Battalion. He has no CIB. His Report Of Seperation has no Bronze Star. Yet, I have seen it and it is engraved. He died later after the war. The family sent for set for a replacement set of Awards and Decorations. No CIB or Bronze star arrived. Wrong birthday and wrong unit on his Report Of Seperation as well. So that is my mystery. Thank you for any information.

gijoeonthego

Thank you for the wealth of information and taking the time to research his military service via newspapers. His record is burned in St. Louis.

9 hours ago, gijoeonthego said:

Thank you for the wealth of information and taking the time to research his military service via newspapers. His record is burned in St. Louis.

You're welcome.  I was pleasantly surprised finding the amount of information on him, which is not always the case when doing research.  Lt. Col. Thomas J. Brennan was evidently quite the officer based on his noted military accomplishments.   

21 hours ago, gijoeonthego said:

Mr AZ is the best!