Henry H. Conover Spanish American War - WWI group

Chris

Just acquired a nice group today. I would be sincerely grateful for any info on this man. I have a little info. These came directly from Conover's great grandson. It appears he served in the Spanish American War and WWI. The lot includes: 1) Purple Heart numbered and named in its box. 2) Cuban Occupation medal numbered and in box with matching number with lapel pin and ribbon. 3) Philippine Campaign medal numbered in box with matching number and lapel pin and ribbon 4) Spanish Campaign medal numbered and in box with matching number with lapel pin and ribbon 5) Oneida County (NY) Spanish American War medal engraved to "H. Conover 9th USI". I know the 9th was a NYNG regiment that served in Cuba. I also have one WWI era Infantry officer's collar insignia, and a USWV (War Veterans) pin. I would love to know more about his service, rank, anything about his Purple Heart...anything at all. Thanks so much for any help.  

SAW 4.jpg

SAW 1.jpg

SAW 2.jpg

SAW 3.jpg

SAW 5.jpg

SAW 6.jpg

BigJohn#3RD

Hi Chris,

Your soldier was Seriously Wounded In Action,  in July 1898 near San Juan Cuba. PM an email and I will send you copies of what I have found.

Your medal group looks to be in excellent condition  and pretty hard to come by, you got a fantastic group to a Spanish American War Purple Heart recipient.

Henry H Conover PVT Co E 9th Inf WIA SPANAM.jpg

Thanks so much John. Out of curiosity, is there a known number of PHs awarded in the Spanish American War?