Newly Acquired M-2 Paratrooper Knife

BryanJ

A couple of weeks ago I posted a few questions about M-2 paratrooper knifes, specifically, which ones were WWII knives, whether the metal handle knives were WWII issue, If the black plastic handles were post war, and several other questions.  I received several very useful tips, which led me to bid on several M-2 knives that were available at a local auction last weekend.  I was the successful bidder on the one shown here.  There are several cracks in the bone handles, but the handles are secure.  The knife functions perfectly and it has since gone directly to my display case, along with the few other WWII knives I’ve picked up.  Thanks to all who offered advice on these historic knives.  P.S.  The book in the photo is the 1945 Currahee album that belonged to Gordon Yates, H Company, 506th PIR, the photo is Gerald Yates, unknown if related.  

33CBBB76-348D-4CFF-B551-F9A082F47019.jpeg

DEBDCBC3-440B-400C-904F-A79301A202D6.jpeg

Persian Gulf Command

H,

Great pick up on the Bone Handle M2.  It is a WW2 issue the the type that Airborne Troopers would have been issued and carried in the ETO.

Be sure to store or display with the blade open as this will avoid putting stress on the mechanisms.

John