After 13 years my first Normandy helmet gift

General Apathy

General Apathy

In 1979 the Boomtown Rats sang ' I don't like Mondays ', and some people don't like the number 13, but combine those and todays date is Monday 13th.

However today I do love Mondays and even with the fact it's the 13th,  the reason,  someone said to me today ' you have a Jeep, would you like this '

and the reply was ' yes I would and Merci Beaucoup ',  front seam, stainless steel edge, fixed bail, Normandy find . . . . . . . . . Free, what's not to like. 

Lived here for 13 years and this is my first out the woodwork M1 barn gift / find. 

lewis.

.fullsizeoutput_58a7.jpeg.af3a85002a2f80e158d35656a348493c.jpeg

It's beautiful! And doubly good...that you were given the helmet, and that you are thought well enough of that it was given to you! 

Hope you got a location where it was found.  Maybe you can trace it to a unit that operated in that area. 

Mikie

So what’s the secret to getting the helmet fairy to visit sometime? Leave 30-06 brass under the pillow?😆 Nice helmet. I think everyone would like a Normandy lid in their collection someday regardless of condition.

General Apathy
29 minutes ago, Okie96 said:

So what’s the secret to getting the helmet fairy to visit sometime? Leave 30-06 brass under the pillow?😆 Nice helmet. I think everyone would like a Normandy lid in their collection someday regardless of condition.

Thanks Dennis, Mikie, Ronnie, cap-camo. Okie in answer to your question I think that the reply is house, loft and barn clearing during the recent two months virus house lock-down.

other friends have found items while doing intensive gardening for two months, one found the body of a US grenade, another friend found the rusty remains of a Garand. 

Me personally I'm hoping for some more gifts like the one last Sunday, I was given a 200lt German fuel barrel dated 1937, converted to a BBQ fire !! 

lewis.

.fullsizeoutput_52a1.jpeg.cc5ebf55ff8234cd5f3f5d45a6c58c8e.jpeg

.IMG_20200510_115258_resized_20200510_115347339.jpeg.8d94c69ec1062c3998430be0981b9b07.jpeg

.fullsizeoutput_5890.jpeg.4eedd24dc0959ecf4048125089b79c78.jpeg

image.jpeg.be7a4c5e441184ae68350e5321dceaee.jpeg
Freedom seeds for a productive garden. Warning, delicate until ripe and must be prepared correctly or may be harmful to ingest. Maybe someday I can go over there and metal detect. I tend to just find old porcelain or barn nails. BTW, what’s the make and serial number on that M1?😆 Poor thing.