USMC cover signed by 4 Marine Raiders

Pbaczuk

In 2000 at the University of Utah, 4 Marine Raiders from WW2 gave a discussion at the union building about their experience in WW2 in the Raider battalions in the Solomons campaign and Makin to their eventual Raider Bn dissolution and reassignment into the divisions to participate in the Marianas and Iwo Jima. It was a fascinating talk . They signed my  WW2 era cover. Their names were:

-Loveland

-Guymon

-Kennedy
-Belnap

4D5EDB3F-5516-4F0D-8B8F-48DD1E2FA863.jpeg

AC23E96B-A246-4554-A19C-D026DB921ED9.jpeg

1800230C-32A2-42C5-B502-4E5F085C27B5.jpeg

31340C5A-B63F-454C-BB89-1FAA8DFC0BB7.jpeg

53308F2C-B4FC-4F9E-A819-148A96AA85E8.jpeg

god bless them, a very nice monument to them

in 1984, i knew several raiders, one guy who went to the local deli wore a baseball cap with ww2 marine raider patch on it , when i questioned him on the cover, he said not many people knew what a usmc raider was and was surprise i knew what it was,   my experience from being freinds with a few, always found them pleasant , and giving advise on life.

i never thought of asking for a signature or a letter.  one raider who was on the rifle team with me in the MCL, he sold me seververal capture items, i never asked for a letter, the story of obtaining these items live on with me and my kids who knew him.

god bless the raiders

semper fi

Thanks Marine. I understand MCL= Marine Corps League.  We were lucky to have crossed paths with these fellows but also to have some notion of their role in history.

thanks again

Paul

ArchangelDM

Amazing cover with some very brave and heroic signatures from some of the toughest fighting men on the planet. 

man those raiders where fearless 

- Dean