Hello from Germany

Sam Brasco

Hey there,

my name is Sam, age 41, living in Duesseldorf Germany and I'm looking forward diving into the knowledge, I'll find in this community - already have a couple of questions since I'm pretty much starting out collecting US military gear. ;)

On a side note, I'm more into wearing the stuff than storing it.

You all have a great weekend,

Sam

Brrr… it is supposed to be »Hello from Germany« not »Hell« - though hell makes sense in a weird way, too. Sorry. ;)

Welcome to the forum, I did a reforger to germany, We flew to duesseldorf,    got our tanks at monsglodbouck, had a great time.

Welcome to the forum...you’ll learn a lot.  I’m an American living and working Frankfurt am Main.  Do you find much US stuff up there since there weren’t many stationed up there?  You re-enact?

Welcome aboard! My wife and I were set to go to Germany back in May but "it" happened, so hopefully next year. Definitely a beautiful country :) 

I Hate Moths
On 7/10/2020 at 8:53 AM, Sam Brasco said:

On a side note, I'm more into wearing the stuff than storing it.

You all have a great weekend,

Sam

I'm with you on that. I don't re-enact, but have worn my  jackets out many times.  It's finally an advantage to be 5'7" and 145 lbs. Finding original WWII uniforms to wear is much easier.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Huey, I just love how »monsglodbouck« (Mönchengladbach) sounds! :)

Edelweisse, due to the fact US troops aren't based in the Rhein-Ruhr area, findings in army-surplus stores are pretty rare. It all changes the closer you get to the south of germany. But what my girl and I found in just a few days strolling casually through Los Angeles surplus stores back in 2019 is already way better. 

Have thought about re-enacting very, very silently - maybe I see from a distance first, what is going on. I'm somewhere between »This is odd« and »hell, yeah!«.

The rest of you guys, come down to germany as soon as the world reopens, it can be a fun place, when you know where to go (like everywhere else…!)

• 2 weeks later...
Rakkasan187

Sam,

Welcome to the forum.. Spent the best time of my 22 year career in the Army in Berlin before and after the wall came down.. 

Best duty I ever had..

Best regards

Leigh 

Don't wanna be a naysayer, but I doubt Octoberfest is taking place, due to the fxxx pandemic. But I'd be happy if the world reopens asap.

I'd be the first to return to the states for heavy surplus-store-shopping.