US Army Dental Service Corps?

busternfo

Hello everyone.  This large patch is just over 9 inch high and 8 inch wide.  Never sown onto anything that I can see.  Anyone know of a US Army Dental Service Corps, or maybe it is some other designation?  A club patch of some sort maybe?  What are the color(s) for the Dental Corps branch?  Thanks for any input.  Dennie

704170209_DentalServiceCorpsfeltpatchweblargeUSMF.jpeg.e4ddb36ee501fb3762c87a18f2ebe13d.jpeg251958154_DentalServiceCorpsfeltpatchbackweblargeUSMF.jpeg.2eb0a74eb3d22ba28eb68854c5029e7d.jpeg

mortaydc60

The colors are same as medical corps which is maroon and white. Usually see DDS or DMD for Dental designation and on branch insignia just see a large black D on the snake.

Thanks mortaydc60 for the information.  I wonder what the purple and gold are about with this patch.  As you probably know, there is a Medical Service insignia, silver with a MS over the snake. 

ocsfollowme

Could be a school patch for a university medical school. 

If you did not know...Morty has a background in dentistry 

No, I did not know that.  University of Washington and Louisiana State U. both have purple and gold as their school colors.  Perhaps the schools would have some insight on this.    Thanks to both of you for your input.  I appreciate it!

Dennie 

• 1 year later...

I graduated from the University of Washington, School of Dentistry in1983 and later did 20 years in the Army Dental Corps. This patch does not appear to be related to either Army Dentistry or the U. of W. The "D" is not on the caduceus as it is on all US military medical caducei. While purple and gold, I have never seen any U. of W. patch like it. I attended off and on from 1970 to 1983.

My guess is a medically related program at a college with a name that starts with a "D" and then is State College. That will leave a lot of "D"s, but how many have purple and gold? It was probably worn on a sweater.