US ARMY HELI VEST

usneurope

Hello, any of you can help me about the use of BAOS (Body Armor Overlay System)? I found one of this vest ( in Multicam ) + harness, but I don't understand how it should be positioned and stopped to body of helicopter's Crew or Pilot.

Thanks in advance

Air Warrior Heli Aircrew - 1.jpg

Air Warrior Heli Aircrew - 2.jpg

Body-Armor-Overlay-System BAOS.gif

Do you have the Air Warrior flex armor vest?  You need that to attach the BAOS to.  That velcro strap on the back side of the top of the BAOS fastens around the front panel of the flex armor vest.  Then the cobra clip back strap goes around you and the rear of the armor vest when donned.   I might have some pics of one of mine.  I'll take a pic and then post em if I still do.  I have one in both UCP camo and OCP camo pattern.

These are the best pics I have of mine.  The UCP one being stripped you can kind of get the idea how it mounts to the front carrier of the vest.  You have to unfasten the velcro strap that holds the vertical strap and wrap it around and re attach that vertical strap in the middle between the should straps so the BAOS is basically handing from the top of the vest.  Other pic of the OCP vest shows how they could be setup.  The usually had the 2 utility pockets, 1 for the med, 1 for signaling.

20150613_154344.jpg

BAOS1.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hello many thanks for your interesting & complete info about this vest ! I am sorry for my delay in answer but I had some problems with my mail add. 🙂

Maybe you can find an Heli Plate carrier in ACU or MLTC obviuosly w/out plates ?

10 hours ago, usneurope said:

Hello many thanks for your interesting & complete info about this vest ! I am sorry for my delay in answer but I had some problems with my mail add. 🙂

Maybe you can find an Heli Plate carrier in ACU or MLTC obviuosly w/out plates ?

Yes, Just recently there was some OCP flex vest carriers minus the soft kevlar inserts and of course no hard plates on ebay. 

6 hours ago, mohawkALSE said:

Yes, Just recently there was some OCP flex vest carriers minus the soft kevlar inserts and of course no hard plates on ebay. 

Nice. And you have one or two for sale with shipping to Italy ?