eBay Managed Payments

Every seller will be forced to use this system and trust me, it's not that bad right now compared to when we started months ago !

What's more concerning is the fact that eBay changed and / or updated their platform algorithm and is not very friendly with the Militaria categories...., some of you eBay sellers with a lot of listing may have noticed a weird pattern on the sales, meaning, sometimes you will have 2 or 3 similar items sold the same day and none for weeks etc... it's due to the Algo

On thing I did is to reduce the head title with very simple key words, " WWII Army uniform " will do much better than " WWII US Army dress uniform tunic ", not sure why since the Algorithm formula is more protected than Fort Knox but I've just realized that not to long ago... but I may be wrong, I'm still trying to understand why it doesn't work that well on us.

You can try yourself, if you go to Militaria category and type anything in the search box , the number of items will be much lower than what's actually listed, and right under, you will have a bunch of unrelated items, who will be titled as " More related items who may interest you " ... NO ! very annoying...

www.williamsmilitarycollectibles.com

I have noticed that as of late, few items all at once and then dead space

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

"FOR OUR TOMORROWS, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAYS"
RIP
Sgt Jesse 'Jeff Nasty' Balthaser
Sgt John P Huling
Cpl Carlos 'Gilo Monster' Gilorozco
Cpl Stephen C 'Socks' Sockalosky
LCpl Joshua A 'Scottie' Scott
LCpl Jason Lee 'Birdman' Frye
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
LCpl Osbrany 'Oz' Montes De Oca
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Well I've been on epay since Jan 1999. with about 1400 buys and sells.(mostly Under $65.00)  I do not like ebay or any other web business going in and out of my bank account without my approval and control,  also their fees have gotten too high for cheap $ sellers like me. Many items I sell the postage is more than my profit.   For the most part I only sell non militaria items on there anyway.  So after over 20 + years I'm 99% sure I'll be gone and sell on Forums, maybe my wife's Face Book page (if that is possible) and local Flea Mkt dealers.  Richard 

Wanted: WWI ID'ed USMC Green Wool Uniform and ANYTHING documented to my Dad's Iwo Jima outfit: 21st Marines 3rd Div.

Items marked "Marquet, Marquett, or Marquette"

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

2017-donor-medallion.gif

• 2 months later...

Update... my first run at trying to get money back to PayPal for spending...  EBay sent payout to my back, there on Wednesday, took until today (Monday) to transfer into my PayPal account from my bank.  Annoying for sure.

anyone found a better way?!?!

KANSAS ITEMS WANTED - WWII Uniforms, photos, Purple Hearts, etc - TOP DOLLAR PAID!!!!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

That's a Paypal thing...always taken a few business days to transfer, and now that they and eBay have splintered apart I doubt they care to do anything to accelerate it

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

"FOR OUR TOMORROWS, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAYS"
RIP
Sgt Jesse 'Jeff Nasty' Balthaser
Sgt John P Huling
Cpl Carlos 'Gilo Monster' Gilorozco
Cpl Stephen C 'Socks' Sockalosky
LCpl Joshua A 'Scottie' Scott
LCpl Jason Lee 'Birdman' Frye
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
LCpl Osbrany 'Oz' Montes De Oca
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I'd bet the Managed Payment program arose from the break from PayPal. The only benefit I see is not having an end of month sellers bill. I tried to find out if I could change the payout terms. Their stock question path led me no where and the 'contact us' link continually says 'function not currently available'. 

Just as an aside, I have the same complaints about EBay as everyone in the hobby but bottom line is they make me money, most of my purchases are books, household, office supplies, etc. Militaria often sells at or below prices I would pay but I'm not into fighting it out in an auction.

My

US0001-Lincoln-Wheat-1914-S-MS66-RD-59c45bc2aad52b0011bd09be_kindlephoto-30740948.jpg

Wartime Collectables Military Antiques
Andrew H. Lipps
email wartime@wartimecollectables.com
On the web at http://www.wartimecollectables.com

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Bottom line here guys, Ebay is not going to do ANYTHING that is good for the seller and not good for them. If you think they are you are seriously misinformed!! Only time will tell how or what will come out of this. I do know it is harder for guys like me who have limited time to trace down a few dollars are not in a good spot with this new system.

And don't forget, if I am not mistaken, they will send the IRS a form 1099 if you have more then 200 sales or collect more then $20,000 in one year.

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

They are already collecting sale tax.

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I "primarily" collect Gulf War 1 patches. All branches (USA, USAF,USN, USMC & USCG) and ALL Countries..
US - Op.'s Desert Shield / Storm / Provide Comfort /Some Southern Watch - F-4G's Wild Weasels
UK - Op.'s Granby / Sabre / Warden
Canadian - Op. Desert Storm / Op. Friction
French - Daguet / Aconit
Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, South Korea, etc.
Looking for the oddities, including unfinished & flaws
I HAVE EXTRA's!! Will trade as well.

21 hours ago, Survival said:

And don't forget, if I am not mistaken, they will send the IRS a form 1099 if you have more then 200 sales or collect more then $20,000 in one year.

I believe it has to be both to get the form.  

KANSAS ITEMS WANTED - WWII Uniforms, photos, Purple Hearts, etc - TOP DOLLAR PAID!!!!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

So another issue has arose Ebay vs. Paypal. I tried to use my PayPal Mastercard to make a purchase and it says my payment failed. This is not the first time this has occurred for me, yet Ebay can't figure out why... hmmmmm .... because there is an error in "their" system. No S... Sherlock. I am not a conspiracist, but seems awfully fishy. The lady said, it was because the seller doesn't accept the PayPal Mastercard. Additionally, she mentioned, twice, they they were migrating away from Paypal and into their Managed Payment system.  Very interesting. And so we proceed.    

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I "primarily" collect Gulf War 1 patches. All branches (USA, USAF,USN, USMC & USCG) and ALL Countries..
US - Op.'s Desert Shield / Storm / Provide Comfort /Some Southern Watch - F-4G's Wild Weasels
UK - Op.'s Granby / Sabre / Warden
Canadian - Op. Desert Storm / Op. Friction
French - Daguet / Aconit
Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, South Korea, etc.
Looking for the oddities, including unfinished & flaws
I HAVE EXTRA's!! Will trade as well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.