eBay Managed Payments

I’ve been caught in the eBay web to start the Managed Payment Program at the end of the month.  Anyone using it already?  Advice?  

I’m a hobby seller, sell for a few friends and sell to feed the beast.  it looks like I will need a dedicated account for the regular disbursements (as I don’t want my weekly $5 in sales disappearing into my regular bank account).  Can I just link that account to both PayPal and eBay to complete the circle?  

I'm all ears if anyone has advice, thanks in advance.

KANSAS ITEMS WANTED - WWII Uniforms, photos, Purple Hearts, etc - TOP DOLLAR PAID!!!!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

Have had to change over two of our seller names and fighting with Ebay on our third one.

From the way I understand it now you have to use a checking account, and either everyday or once a week they will send all you money to your account. Plus they will take out their fees right away before it is sent to your account, this way you don't get hit with a bill once a month.

Ebay will now accept numerous different payment options instead of just Paypal.

www.vintageproductions.com

"A militaria show is a social event for anti-socials" - A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Thanks guys for the input!  Sounds like we are all going through this.  I think I can handle it except not being able to dump my money back on new purchases right away...

KANSAS ITEMS WANTED - WWII Uniforms, photos, Purple Hearts, etc - TOP DOLLAR PAID!!!!

I guess I am odd man out, this is the first I heard of this. I like keeping money in my PP account, I really don't get this.

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

They're bullying me, too. My hobby fund my hobby, so going straight to my PayPal was convenient. I think this just has to do with the fact that eBay and PayPal split awhile back

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

"FOR OUR TOMORROWS, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAYS"
RIP
Sgt Jesse 'Jeff Nasty' Balthaser
Sgt John P Huling
Cpl Carlos 'Gilo Monster' Gilorozco
Cpl Stephen C 'Socks' Sockalosky
LCpl Joshua A 'Scottie' Scott
LCpl Jason Lee 'Birdman' Frye
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
LCpl Osbrany 'Oz' Montes De Oca
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

So as long as I use PayPal they'll just dump the $ there. On the other hand … If someone pays by another source, then this money will go into my attached checking account? 

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I "primarily" collect Gulf War 1 patches. All branches (USA, USAF,USN, USMC & USCG) and ALL Countries..
US - Op.'s Desert Shield / Storm / Provide Comfort /Some Southern Watch - F-4G's Wild Weasels
UK - Op.'s Granby / Sabre / Warden
Canadian - Op. Desert Storm / Op. Friction
French - Daguet / Aconit
Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, South Korea, etc.
Looking for the oddities, including unfinished & flaws
I HAVE EXTRA's!! Will trade as well.

Another tip... make sure whatever bank account you attach is in your name as primary (and not your spouse).   Sigh😂

Hi Guys

I've been enrolled with eBay managed payments since day one ,months ago if not a year ago already.. I've received an " Offer " amount a panel of selected sellers, to do the try out and according to them, you could opt out at anytime until you couldn't ... and I was stuck for good.

At first it was a serious mess.. really bad ! but today it is kinda much better, they've just released the statements option who is quiet well made now and they did a lot of improvements.

I'm just going to skip the horror story of the beginning of this system and try to explain without going unto crazy details how it works today.

To make it simple, you will have some kind of an internal eBay " deposit " bank account ( but you won't be able to buy or do anything outside eBay with it except the eBay shipping labels ) and this account will have to be linked to your personal or business bank account.

so, when someone buy something, the amount will show up in your eBay " deposit " account as " Pending funds " and will remain pending for an " Obscure " amount of time ! I can't give any specifics since I've still not yet figured that out why or how this time is calculated, one think for sure, it will definitively remain pending until you ship the item and / or the customer receive it.

You will not be able to know how to customer paid for his item ( just in case you are wondering ), any method they will use will not be disclosed to you, if they pay with PayPal, no  more PayPal direct deposit, it will be posted to your eBay " deposit " acct, so ultimately, your PayPal account will dry out..fast !. you will have to change, in case you're having PayPal setup for that, the way you are paying your eBay monthly fees by switching to your bank account.

Once the money becomes " Available funds " it will accumulate and will be transferred weekly on Tuesday ( in my case ) to your personal or business linked bank account, you'll have the option to change that to manually or daily if you want to.

Like I said, I'm using this system for almost a year now and I'm used to it, we new back then that when the system will be ready every sellers will have to use it, now eBay is moving forward to get everyone on board by July 15th.

The bad side is that if your are tight on cash flow, this system won't be very friendly since you won't get your money right away.

I can answer more specific questions if needed, I'm not working for eBay but I know what you will be facing soon and I can see the anger and frustration coming !!

Will

www.williamsmilitarycollectibles.com

6 minutes ago, williamsmilitaryrelics said:

Hi Guys

I've been enrolled with eBay managed payments since day one ,months ago if not a year ago already.. I've received an " Offer " amount a panel of selected sellers, to do the try out and according to them, you could opt out at anytime until you couldn't ... and I was stuck for good.

At first it was a serious mess.. really bad ! but today it is kinda much better, they've just released the statements option who is quiet well made now and they did a lot of improvements.

I'm just going to skip the horror story of the beginning of this system and try to explain without going unto crazy details how it works today.

To make it simple, you will have some kind of an internal eBay " deposit " bank account ( but you won't be able to buy or do anything outside eBay with it except the eBay shipping labels ) and this account will have to be linked to your personal or business bank account.

so, when someone buy something, the amount will show up in your eBay " deposit " account as " Pending funds " and will remain pending for an " Obscure " amount of time ! I can't give any specifics since I've still not yet figured that out why or how this time is calculated, one think for sure, it will definitively remain pending until you ship the item and / or the customer receive it.

You will not be able to know how to customer paid for his item ( just in case you are wondering ), any method they will use will not be disclosed to you, if they pay with PayPal, no  more PayPal direct deposit, it will be posted to your eBay " deposit " acct, so ultimately, your PayPal account will dry out..fast !. you will have to change, in case you're having PayPal setup for that, the way you are paying your eBay monthly fees by switching to your bank account.

Once the money becomes " Available funds " it will accumulate and will be transferred weekly on Tuesday ( in my case ) to your personal or business linked bank account, you'll have the option to change that to manually or daily if you want to.

Like I said, I'm using this system for almost a year now and I'm used to it, we new back then that when the system will be ready every sellers will have to use it, now eBay is moving forward to get everyone on board by July 15th.

The bad side is that if your are tight on cash flow, this system won't be very friendly since you won't get your money right away.

I can answer more specific questions if needed, I'm not working for eBay but I know what you will be facing soon and I can see the anger and frustration coming !!

Will

More eBay Bull...once I ship the item, it's not eBay's job to hold my money

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

RIP
Sgt John P Huling
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

4 minutes ago, Brig said:

More eBay Bull...once I ship the item, it's not eBay's job to hold my money

It will be now ! 😃, well if anyone had checked eBay 2019 financial analytics report ( I know, it's kinda creepy ! ) but they had to find a way to make their shareholders happy.. and they did !, if you are looking at their share prices for the past year and what just happened this month !! it's going up, eBay will get a lot of money on transaction fees. It's just business, we are just collateral contributors!  Haha !.

So you can hold the money in your new eBay account and buy with it?  Honestly, that was the only piece I didn’t like (I’d read that the early days were awful but the kinks were getting worked out).

Thanks  so much for the explanation, I really appreciate it.

Tyler

8 hours ago, wildcat123 said:

So you can hold the money in your new eBay account and buy with it?  Honestly, that was the only piece I didn’t like (I’d read that the early days were awful but the kinks were getting worked out).

Thanks  so much for the explanation, I really appreciate it.

Tyler

Yes you can hold the money for a month max and it will be transferred automatically but you can't buy anything ( yet ) except the eBay shipping labels. The reason is simple, eBay doesn't have an official " Bank " status and is not regulated the the FDIC... scary enough?

July 15th!?!? Today is the 13th and I have yet to recieve a single notice from eBay about this! As a power seller, this is ludicrous!

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."

I'm a power seller as well, but I haven't heard anything about the changeover for me. I assume it will happen at some point in the future...the inevitable... 

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

It's staggered...mine just popped for this month, too

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

RIP
Sgt John P Huling
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.