New Jersey Civil war numbered medal

johnny12550

Hi, could this medal be traced to an individual soldier based on the number?. Also was this award given out as an officialdecoration right after the war by NJ or was it something givenout many years later at a reunion ?  Thanks

E9DAD007-B007-4B29-9B8E-E1AB0E63EDFB.jpeg

A1384E7F-C325-4DD9-A8F5-72B77BA90600.jpeg

5159FA81-DE7A-40A8-B193-F4838CC94EF2.jpeg

skypilot6670

Hi Johnny , If you search here for , “New Jersey Civil War Veterans Medal “ you will see a thread where a member identified a New Jersey medal for another member. You should PM him and ask him if can identify yours .  Really nice medal you have. I think they were issued un engraved and the veterans had their name engraved on them. Let us know how your search turns out.  Good Luck.  Fraternally Yours.  Mike

wartimecollectables.com

Here ya go... Most of these guys did their 3 months then re-upped so you'll likely find more on him.

NJ.jpg

johnny12550

Thanks for the information. This was for sale in a little old shop. I didn’t buy it because I thought the price was too high. It was $275. What do you think? 

johnny12550

Found him on Ancestry. Looked like he served through the whole war.

Enlisted in Company F, New Jersey 8th Infantry Regiment on 31 Aug 1861.Mustered out on 17 Jul 1865 at Washington, DC.