New WW2 M1

The Rooster

The Rooster

Greetings all

Here is a nice WW2 lid I picked up today. Not sure what I think about the lieutenant bar

and I have no other pics of it than what I've posted here, but Overall,

so far, I like it. That might change when I get it but I like it.

Its got odd looking paint on the outside. Almost cammo looking ?

l.jpg

m.jpg

k.jpg

5.jpg

The Rooster

Thank you Dean! I get the feeling that butter Bar is the work of a faker. But I dont know.

It just looks too fresh. But I like the rest of it. I'l post more pics when I get it in.

Strange Paint ???

Dave

Great looking helmet Dave! I'm looking forward to more pics and comments on the paint. 

The Rooster

Im wondering about the paint. I'l take some pics in the sunlight when it comes in... Anyone can throw a net

on a helmet. Anyone can paint a butterbar on the front. Looks too fresh to me.

But that paint overall... Has anyone seen one like it? it looks like Cammo ?

I would share your concerns. Camo looks very evenly and consistently knocked down to me from those pics. Is that paint on the strap?

JMO,

Dave

The Rooster
15 hours ago, dmar836 said:

I would share your concerns. Camo looks very evenly and consistently knocked down to me from those pics. Is that paint on the strap?

JMO,

Dave

I'm not sure until I get it in. I'l get some pics in the sunlight  when it comes in.

Yes I noticed that spot that looks like paint on the strap. The liner webbing looks awfully clean as well.

Dave

ArchangelDM
1 hour ago, rooster77 said:

I'm not sure until I get it in. I'l get some pics in the sunlight  when it comes in.

Yes I noticed that spot that looks like paint on the strap. The liner webbing looks awfully clean as well.

Dave

better photos will help when you have it in hand. 

The Rooster

I asked Scott (Bugme) to take a look at this and I thought the butter bar was fake. But scott said the cammo paint job is too.

I didnt spend too much so I dont feel to bad about it. I think the net is real? Hopefully lol and I like the liner.

I think its a not too expensive lesson learned. The net and the cammo paint is what sucked me in.

Rookie mistake. And it was on the cheap side to ! lol