Jack Angola 1 Day Military Auction

manayunkman

manayunkman

A friend just emailed me that the Angola collection is up for auction.

Waiting for pictures 

easterneagle87

Lots of stuff there. I got good advice in my early days of collecting from Jack. Even have a bunch of his books.  

BILL THE PATCH

He told me a while back he would start selling when he turned 85.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Hookemhorns88
8 hours ago, vintageproductions said:

It is listed on liveauctioneers

Never been on liveauctioneers before.  Curious to take a look.  Is there a link to just his stuff?

Rakkasan187

Jack called me about a month ago, told me he was selling all of his collection off... Spoke for about 2 hours. He is doing well and is working on another book..

Leigh

Gerradtgrant

One question, he was banned from here for repeatedly selling PUT together uniforms, will you bid with confidence on his Groupings and uniforms all things considered?

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Gerradtgrant

I ask because I would like to potentially bid on some items. I only live about 20-30 minutes from the location that you can view them. I plan on making an appointment to go view them, if anybody would like any better pictures I would be happy to do that for you.

Hookemhorns88
29 minutes ago, Gerradtgrant said:

One question, he was banned from here for repeatedly selling PUT together uniforms, will you bid with confidence on his Groupings and uniforms all things considered?

This is what I came back to post.  Curious as to what others think as well.

BILL THE PATCH
I ask because I would like to potentially bid on some items. I only live about 20-30 minutes from the location that you can view them. I plan on making an appointment to go view them, if anybody would like any better pictures I would be happy to do that for you.

That's very nice of you.

Gerradtgrant
That's very nice of you.

There has been some very generous gentleman on this forum, that have helped me out a lot. Any way I can give back to the community, I am more than happy to help out, I can't provide a lot of knowledge so this is a way for me to give back.

BILL THE PATCH

Went through the first 8 pages, it's 85% uniforms. Now with his track record on past uniforms. It's going to be hard to pull the trigger. And there are some nice named ones.

Gerradtgrant

I finally was able to look through the whole auction, I wonder where the good stuff is? I have been to Jack's house multiple times and this doesn't even scratch the surface of his collection. Not saying there are not some nice items in this auction, but he has a lot more historically significant Groupings and uniforms in his collection.

Brian Keith

I don't think we have to look very hard to learn something here. One your integrity is put into question, it will haunt you. Even if everything in this sale is 100% original as the vet owned it, it will always have stigma. As has often been said, sum of the parts.

BKW 

I don't know the players involved nor their history with this forum, so as a neutral party with fresh eyes scanning this auction I noticed many famous figures represented but most without any provenance and mostly unnamed items.

Perhaps you must attend the auction to see the name tags, engravings and provenance?

manayunkman

Another auction of his stuff is on line.

They are selling it in groups.

im on my phone and can’t post a link.

Gerradtgrant
Another auction of his stuff is on line.

They are selling it in groups.

im on my phone and can’t post a link.
Is it on liveauctioners.com as well?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Soulis Auctions in Kansas City. Interestingly, they have a video tour of the collection with Jack and he is carefully pointing out several items that were added to uniforms etc... Perhaps he learned a small lesson?   Scott

Hookemhorns88
21 hours ago, ScottG said:
  • Soulis Auctions in Kansas City. Interestingly, they have a video tour of the collection with Jack and he is carefully pointing out several items that were added to uniforms etc... Perhaps he learned a small lesson?   Scott

I cannot seem to find the video link. Can you post a link?
Thanks

On 7/8/2020 at 9:04 AM, Gerradtgrant said:

And this is the rub, he was banned here, he has been caught embellishing groupings and attacked those who called him out. This same thing happened in his T.R. days and followed him into his U.S. interest. Personally, there is no desire on my part to own anything he has ever had. This is sad because, there are some nice and well provenanced items in his collection. However, there is no way to determine which one is legit and which one is embellished thus, all of it becomes questionable.

Its such a shame as his collection is great. There has got to be some that are legit just going by the law of averages. I mean how much could he embellish/hump up? Did he forge documents?

I'm surprised some of the items are just sitting around and not stored in plastic etc