Where do all these fools on eBay come from?

capt14k

A Sarco Commissioned knife fake Mk2 Bayonet or Experimental Bayonet and $295 with 10 minutes to go. Couple other are listed Buy It Now $300.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133453165992

Edit: "Winner" paid just over $350 shipped but in most states there is tax now so tack another $20 on. $370 all in for a fake.

I also just saw a Marbles Jet Pilots knife which is definitely a late commercial remake.  It can be yours for a mere $900, somethings will never change, study or just don't care about what you pay for something.

Sarco was selling these  back in the 80s, or 90s for around $50.  SKIP
When they were on sale I believe they were $40.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Wow $283. Wonder when they will find out they wasted a lot of money.

So now someone is making these from Ontario blades.  That's new to me.

Under another thread I posted information to look up a short article that Frank Trzaska wrote years ago about the Conetta knives.

There is another article in his Knife Knotes 8.  Reach it from his archives Knife Knote articles and when you open up #8 do a find on "product improved bayonet" or just scroll down till you find it.  Many of us believe these are the items so many people mistakenly think they are getting their hands on when they buy these Conetta Knife/bayonets on the market.  Frank wrote a good bit about these and I think it's an interesting story on it's own. It also includes excerpts from the official report.

So now someone is making these from Ontario blades.  That's new to me.
Under another thread I posted information to look up a short article that Frank Trzaska wrote years ago about the Conetta knives.
There is another article in his Knife Knotes 8.  Reach it from his archives Knife Knote articles and when you open up #8 do a find on "product improved bayonet" or just scroll down till you find it.  Many of us believe these are the items so many people mistakenly think they are getting their hands on when they buy these Conetta Knife/bayonets on the market.  Frank wrote a good bit about these and I think it's an interesting story on it's own. It also includes excerpts from the official report.
Knife Knotes 9 mentions Atlanta Cutlery and I had found a cached page of blades made by Atlanta Cutlery them with Ontario name on it. Maybe that's how these ones came to be?

http://www.usmilitaryknives.com/knife_knotes_9.htm

So these are KABAR type blades in a fantasy configuration?

Yes 

Also if I'm not mistaken Ontario, MSI, and Japan are at best post Vietnam contracts and at worse commercial Mark 2. I picked up a MSI the other day for $42. Never could understand spending $300. Last year I bought a Japan for $40 only because it has a plum finish.

Conetta either between Korea and Vietnam or Vietnam

KA-BAR large pommel deep wide KA-BAR is also commercial.

Camillus had both Vietnam and Commercial post Vietnam.

If someone else could confirm about the others that would be great.

You can throw awayJapan marked knives as having been Government contract at anytime. 

Yeah I figured they weren't. Same for the MSI. Were the Ontario even a government contract?

I'm pretty sure the MSI's are a Government contract knife.  IMHO, the worst example of a MIL-K-20277 ever to enter Government inventory.  Sounds like you paid about the same as I did for mine.

I'm pretty sure the MSI's are a Government contract knife.  IMHO, the worst example of a MIL-K-20277 ever to enter Government inventory.  Sounds like you paid about the same as I did for mine.
In one of the Knife Knotes (may have been 9) MSI was mentioned. I have to read back through.

The thing is that when someone can do a trace on an MSI knife I've only seen military sources as the point of origin.  Maybe someone has uncovered evidence of at least one MSI knife going from the factory to a commercial source, but so far I haven't heard of it.  That doesn't settle the question by any means, but so far I'm leaning toward a small but still Government contract.  The U.S. has been promoting small businesses for years now with awarding contracts to them, among other programs.  Certainly wouldn't be the first time.