MinorInHistory

What looks best in the Deltof display case?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering what militaria is best displayed in IKEA’s Deltof display case. I’d like to hear what y’all have in yours, so if you have one of these cases, feel free to post a picture. 

Thanks,

MinorInHistory 

For me helmets fit perfectly in the box shelves of the Deltolf 

you can add a short stand or polystyrene head to display also 

- Dean

"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions."

Always looking for ww2 USMC items, helmets and any camo'd items

"thinking outside of the box"

New website

https://combatusedmilitaria.com

Great question. I have two WW1 helmets and two US (Prussian style) helmets in my case. I also keep epaulettes and a kepi cap inside to keep the dust down.

I highly recommend the trick of adding weather stripping around the gaps formed between the door and sides. This has kept a ton of dust out of my case. I think I've dusted it once in 4-5 years. That's pretty good for me!

WANTED: I collect materials of any age related to the US Army Quartermaster Corps and from the long-defunct Commissary / Subsistence Corps. Anything goes and it doesn't have to be identified to a vet. If it's weird or unusual, please PM me! ASMIC #5650

I actually just got one a couple weeks ago and love it. Helmets fit great like the others said, but really you can put whatever you want in there. Here are some photos of mine, which is still a work in progress.

20200711_173100.jpg.675689742a6018eff304b58b20a96c77.jpg20200711_173106.jpg.70b4c5501f89f23200d0ab5ddcf23160.jpg

I agree that helmets look nice along with pocket books, maybe propped up on a little stands and various pieces of gear like canteens ect. You can even add one or two of those LED push lights on the underside of some/all of the shelves to give the look of a museum case.  

I have a bunch of these clear plastic easels that would work well in a display. I started using them on shelves for ammo pouches, booklets, small photos and small riker mounts. I think I paid $10 for a dozen of them from Amazon, but they come in different qty and sizes. 

easels.jpg.b327604f3ebe85d7bf9dd4f490ac65c2.jpg