Shipping Mae West with CO2 cartridge

121eagles

Hello,

My WW2 Mae West has a CO2 cartridge. I need to ship it and Postal service says no.

Anybody ship these with no problems?

Thanks,

Dave

Wake,

thanks for the input. How about sending overseas? I read postal rules and they say no way, domestic or overseas. I could just send it and put an empty/ inoperable sticky note on cartridge.
Dave

phantomfixer

if the CO2 is depleted no problem...and most likely not a problem if filled...having said that the vast majority of sealed CO2 cartridges that I have handled...period cartridges, have bled out over time  ...even though sealed

I have shipped them in the past with no problems

Geez. Humans are flammable. Can you ship those? 

Such CO2 cartridges(but higher psi) are used today for inflating road cycling tires and are mailed all the time. We have ordered them, shipped them in bike bags in the states, and I think I've even flown them to Europe(maybe). Sometimes total transparency gets you bit by rules that have otherwise good intent. I'm noticing this more and more lately in local city policies, etc.

Good luck but often it is better to act as ignorant as those asking the questions,

Dave

There are some things that you can ship by ground that you can not ship by air. Try USPS ground or another carrier??? I have also received packages  with things in them that I don't see how they got through the system.  I have always been honest when I ship items, some of those regulations have some pretty stiff penalties and the last thing I want is a postal Inspector knocking on my door. 

At one time I had to ship hazardous materials for my company.  Things had gotten very lax until the 1996 ValuJet crash.  Shortly after that,  everything changed.  Almost everything can be shipped if you mark and package it correctly.  CO2 cylinders get to the sporting goods stores somehow...