Colt M16A1 clone with Unusual Bolt Carrier

ed101

I pick this up recently at a local pawn shop. i discovered that all the parts except the lower receiver appear to be 1969-71 Colt manufacture. I have not sen a bolt carrier like this one and was wondering if anyone had information on it. Also, I could use an approximate value for insurance purposes. Thanks in advance.

DSC02995.JPG

DSC03016.JPG

DSC03018.JPG

DSC03006.JPG

DSC03008.JPG

DSC03011.JPG

Looking today and found my answer on the BCG. it is from an early  Colt AR15 .  Still works fine in this rifle, just not the correct vintage.

Woodymyster

As someone pointed out already, your bcg is for an early upper with out a forward assist. We would have to see the other side of your rifle to see if you have a pre M16A1 style upper to match.  Although I can't see from zooming in on your pic, your lower appears to be much newer to the rest of the rifle.  

Show us a pic of the other side and we can tell you more about the upper. The c h marking is the forge the upper was pressed, in this case Colt / Harvey Aluminum.  Where Harvey Aluminum was the forge that forged the uppers for Colt. 

47 minutes ago, Woodymyster said:

As someone pointed out already, your bcg is for an early upper with out a forward assist. We would have to see the other side of your rifle to see if you have a pre M16A1 style upper to match.  Although I can't see from zooming in on your pic, your lower appears to be much newer to the rest of the rifle.  

Show us a pic of the other side and we can tell you more about the upper. The c h marking is the forge the upper was pressed, in this case Colt / Harvey Aluminum.  Where Harvey Aluminum was the forge that forged the uppers for Colt. 

a couple more photos

DSC03024.JPG

DSC03026.JPG

Woodymyster

Sorry, I reread your post and realized I misread it the first time.  Yes it is a m16a1 with a newer lower and ( maybe a newer lower parts kit?). There was an import company bringing in a lot of these kits from out of the US but they had to cut the barrels to make them legal to import. They used to go for $400 ish minus a barrel and lower. An original barrel or clone could cost another $150ish plus $100 for a lower.   Some of the nicer parts kits could go higher.

It's not a good time for comps at the moment since covid / riots / nov election have really driven the prices up for anything that could attach to a lower receiver.  If the barrel was original, I could see this go for more than $750 plus the lower.  Please keep in mind my guesstimate is on the low side.  

Regardless, the rifle looks good. 

1 hour ago, Woodymyster said:

Sorry, I reread your post and realized I misread it the first time.  Yes it is a m16a1 with a newer lower and ( maybe a newer lower parts kit?). There was an import company bringing in a lot of these kits from out of the US but they had to cut the barrels to make them legal to import. They used to go for $400 ish minus a barrel and lower. An original barrel or clone could cost another $150ish plus $100 for a lower.   Some of the nicer parts kits could go higher.

It's not a good time for comps at the moment since covid / riots / nov election have really driven the prices up for anything that could attach to a lower receiver.  If the barrel was original, I could see this go for more than $750 plus the lower.  Please keep in mind my guesstimate is on the low side.  

Regardless, the rifle looks good. 

I believe the barrell is 0riginal colt marked chrome lined. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Stay safe.

regards,

-Ed