Is this an image of a civil war naval battle?

Found this smallish 8 1/2 x 12 1/2 inch print depicting a naval battle. Appears to be a nighttime scene. Is this a depiction of civil war ships or an earlier era? Is that the CSS Hunley bottom left or a random piece of debris? There is a clearly seen U.S. flag on the ship behind the one on fire.

I love the image but couldn't find another image like it on the net to compare it to be able to nail it down. I've included the signature but can't quite figure it out.

Thanks!   Kim

IMG_20200704_194025180~2.jpg

IMG_20200704_194051763~2.jpg

IMG_20200704_194041606~2.jpg

IMG_20200704_194135974.jpg

Edelweisse

Hi:  I see a US flag with white stars in a circle pattern....on blue...so I think earlier.  War of 1812 or Revolutionary War.... 

Thanks guys....I keep thinking I'll see the original work or a copy of this scene on a net search but no luck yet.  But I'll keep at it.....

Kim

Steve Rogers

Since the battle is taking place at night and one or both ships are on fire, it might be John Paul Jones and the Bon Homme Richard fighting HMS Serapis, although they were locked together for most of the fight and it looks here like they are some distance apart. The ship at left firing toward US vessel might back this up. Pierre Landis, captain of the Alliance, part of Jones' squadron actually fired into the Bonhomme Richard during the engagement.