392nd Fighter Squadron

mshaw

392nd Fighter Squadron - 367th  Fighter Group - 9th Air Force. Unofficial design. Has been sewn onto a flight jacket

392ndFS.jpg.931d44c1e12b771fa2a9c49fcef87cb3.jpg

392ndFSback.jpg.3aa164e05f037f4782754382c03db17d.jpg

ocsfollowme

nice BIN price too. can you find another image on the internet of this insignia as a patch?

This is a great fighter squadron patch, rarely seen.  This one stands tall with that English made 367th B.S., Clay Pigeon, patch you posted.  Thanks for documenting this one for the forum.

Gregg 

mortaydc60

Would be helpful if someone would let us know what it sold for? Tried to find on ebay and could not find listing. See in post it was a great price,OK but price not mentioned.

vintageproductions

Does the price really matter?

It's a great patch and now it is here in a post so there will be reference.

I personally could care less what the buyer paid, just glad they got a great piece.

Bob, I couldn’t agree more with your post. The Forum members are obsessed with price. Price doesn’t matter if it brings you joy, how do you put a price on joy? If you get a great price on a piece that gives you joy then it sweetens the deal.   Gregg 

mortaydc60

Don't you think it would be nice to know what something is worth?  Yes Bob the price matters as seen by rhe above post that the forum member are obsessed by price said with some derision. I agree it is a great patch and reference, etc. It helps to know if something is real, a copy ,and what a fair price brings for the item. Here do not not know the price and if we did maybe someone would say, hey that was a good price ,or hey they got taken it was was too high;that is helpful. Why is what something cost a mystery especially on a forum that is supposed to help collectors and inform. I do not think someone would find alot of JOY in knowing they got taken, but like the above post says they get joy when they get an item at a great price. So I guess price does matter. What was the price?

vintageproductions

Mort- I don't care what someone pays for something. I also hate seeing every post with prices in them.

If you want to know what things have sold for, subscribe to Worthpoint and you will find out, or search Ebay closed auctions.

I like to see great pieces that collectors find and I like to see the joy it brings the person who posts their latest finds here. When the prices start being thrown around I think it cheapens the postings.

If the original poster wants to know the value they can list it in the " What's It Worth" section.

mortaydc60

Trust me I tried to find the price in the closed auctions and had no luck and reason for the post in the first place ,and why even mention it was a great price without stating what the price was in the first place.. Agree with you about joy and satisfaction point but have to respectfully disagree that price matters and does not give full context to the satisfaction or joy without it.Prices do not cheapen the post they enrich and inform.

vintageproductions

Then maybe you should send the original poster a private message and if he is willing to share the information with you, then you will know the price he paid.

I do not believe the patch collecting threads need to have prices posted in them. I have said above I think it cheapens the post. We have  a "What's it worth" section for a reason and that is so people can post prices there.

If someone wants to start another forum that is nothing but what stuff has sold for on Ebay they are welcome to it. Again, I do not think this section is the place for it.

It gets really old when the posts are only about what stuff sells for, instead of the joy it brings to the collector who is just trying to share what they have found.