Recommended Slide/Photo Scanners as of 2020

McDermut99

McDermut99

I have a few sets of slides from vets I've accumulated over the years, as well as a large family collection of mostly slides and some photographs I'd like to digitize. I'm looking for suggestions on slide scanners that preferably could scan photos as well, but a dedicated slide scanner would work. I'm hoping to find one that is reasonably affordable and produces good quality digitization, however I'd be open to paying more if need be. 

What scanners have y'all used and how have your experiences been using them? If you happen to have an example of a digitized slide that'd be great as well!

I need to seriously upgrade my Ion scanner, which only does an initial scan of 92 dpi.  It was inexpensive and easy to use, but it just did not give me the fine detail I wanted.

However, mine is about 10 years old and they may have been upgraded since then.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DCGMR4?tag=s9d4fe82-20

However, if I recall correctly, we had a topic earlier on this same subject.  A number of people spoke highly of Epson products.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/11282942299123140718?q=epson+slide+scanner&prds=epd:811718618049825740,prmr:3,tpim:CJ6mlNTm7oLlcRCZuob04rzm_PEBGPC81W0iA1VTRCjw5aP4BTD2utg7,pdprs:5&utm_medium=tu_cu&utm_content=eid-lsjeuxoeqt&utm_campaign=125181302&gclid=CjwKCAjwi_b3BRAGEiwAemPNU35C0iE77aIWHt2WXlf76zMKPrFhh9Z8bCmxBvZIbISU1fZ8G3v_txoC3WAQAvD_BwE

McDermut99
On 7/2/2020 at 5:21 PM, gwb123 said:

See on the Forum:

Thanks for the info! I've read through those threads and have gotten some ideas on what to get, I'm just curious if there's been anything new and tried since then.

About Epson, I'm definitely leaning towards them from reading what other members have used.