M1903 Springfield #236052, righteous?

Cwnavy1

I've had this rifle since 1971 and want to be sure that I know all about it before I decide its future.  What other information to I need to provide or additional pics should I take to get questions answered?

539369870_ScreenShot2020-07-01at7_27_16AM.png.86af4f42eaeaa44674666a16422086ba.png1413698137_ScreenShot2020-07-01at7_47_49AM.png.87de44ac149cda919d5eb8efcbafad4a.png

I can find no evidence of cartouches on the stock.  The barrel has a beautiful marking under the front sight, “RIA 6-13”.

6F6254A1-DD83-4007-A84B-9D5572408AA2.jpeg.4653b203d56e8f1ef8515a80791bef98.jpeg

How is the bolt marked?

Does the stock have two bolts or only one? Hard to tell in the picture. 

Sorry to be so uninformed, but where should I look for bolt markings?  Same for bolts on the stock.

One source I looked at says that Rock Island serial number is from 1917.

This is just shy of the magic number for Rock Island 1903s. http://m1903.com/03rcvrfail/

The PJ O'Hare front and rear sight covers are interesting. Someone in this rifle's history took their shooting seriously.

Charlie Flick

He is asking about the cross bolts in the stock.  The earliest '03s had none, the later '03s had one and the latest had two.  From the small image it appears that your stock has one cross bolt (seen in the stock above the trigger guard) but that would be good to confirm.  It helps to determine the originality of the rifle.

Regards,

Charlie

Charlie was correct, I was asking about the stock bolts. 

As for the rifle bolt, they are generally marked at the root of the bolt handle on the top or the bottom or marked on the safety lug (forward of the bolt handle). I can't tell for sure, but it looks like there may be markings on the bottom of the safety lug in one of your pictures. 

Charlie Flick
5 hours ago, Cwnavy1 said:

Don't know how to access PMs.

Scroll to the top of the page.  In the top right corner you will see a small envelope symbol.  Click on that symbol and your PM mailbox should open up.  If you have a message waiting there is usually some indication of that as well.

Regards,

Charlie

• 3 weeks later...
Spathologist
On 7/5/2020 at 9:41 AM, Cwnavy1 said:

Nice rifle, but...what color is your loofa?  😁

You’ll want to try and get a picture of the rifle bore as well for condition. Best to remove the bolt and have a flashlight shining into the chamber. Might try a few pics from different angles at the muzzle to give a good idea of the bore condition.