M1 Camo Helmet with Blue Underpaint

ispy

this was a great reading, from one to 24, thank you everyone for alot of info, well done

wow just read doyler's  #24 post and went to site

the colors explain alot that i have seen in the past but could not put togehter

especially the part with landingcraft green helemets that i have seen in the past

great work Doyler

All very interesting. I can't find it now, but I know there is a thread on the forum somewhere about all the different colors used to paint navy helmets. Different colors were used to id different stations, departments etc. I'm sure blue was in there somewhere. I recall that someone said the helmets needed frequent repaints and that whatever was in the paint locker that was close to what was wanted was close enough.

I'll try to find it again.

Mikie

• 4 weeks later...

Geez, the thing looks more like a college student's abstract art project than a camo. very interesting thread guys!

I saw these at the SOS and the dealer bought them from a guy who said they were police helmets. Were they military police or civilian, I don’t know?

marty

89C9FD9F-888E-4818-AD04-958D2D333F91.jpeg

10 hours ago, TsrorsT said:

Geez, the thing looks more like a college student's abstract art project than a camo. very interesting thread guys!

😂 could be. I like the challenge of Solving the mystery.

manayunkman
1 hour ago, 644td said:

I saw these at the SOS and the dealer bought them from a guy who said they were police helmets. Were they military police or civilian, I don’t know?

marty

You find blue civilian police helmets quite often in Michigan and some have blue painted liners as well.

They were issued for riots, some have the mount and visor and they all have riveted chin straps.

There is one at the Detroit historical museum with the visor that was issued during the 1968 riots.

9 hours ago, 644td said:

marty

Oh wow! I wish I was there to have snatched these up, the shade of blue looks fantastic. The lid could very well have been a former police issue, all the potential history is great

manayunkman
16 hours ago, 644td said:

another one that was listed on Facebook.

E299FA74-6227-4BFB-BF09-F4727D772B4C.jpeg

7313CFD3-A544-4BDA-98DB-AD4D0CA62FDC.jpeg

What do they want for it?

Thats a jet pilots helmet.

3 hours ago, manayunkman said:

What do they want for it?

Thats a jet pilots helmet.

It’s listed on the US military Facebook deal or no deal site. No offer has been placed