Unknown Patch Mekong Delta Blockade Busters

AHR

Salvage Sailor

Interesting patch.

I have three different theories about this all based on the "balls out" symbology depicted on the patch.  The Horse - Cavalry, the Ski's - Skimmers or Foils, the Fan Propeller - also Skimmers, and the helmet which was necessary to use radio comms due to excessive noise from the fans.

On first glance, it's a Hydrofoil serving on Market Time interdiction missions.  it has the foils, a Junk in the background, is heavily armed and has a flag.  Examples would be the USS FLAGSTAFF (PGH-1) and the USS TUCUMCARI (PGH-2)

USS TUCUMCARI.jpg

But I'm thinking this is a Game Warden patch for Riverine forces serving in the Mekong Delta

A better option is it's a Patrol Air Cushion Vehicle unit (PACV) serving on the Mekong Delta waterways operated by either the Navy or the Army.  They were large heavily armed air cushion vehicles which had a pusher fan for propulsion.

PACV 39TH CAVALRY.jpg

Another good Riverine option

It could also be the smaller Navy or Army  Hurricane Aircat airboat which was used extensively in the Mekong Delta by the Navy, 1st Air Cavalry, 5th Special Force Group, 9th Infantry and Mike Force units

Airboat 01.jpg

Airboat 02.jpg

The last clue is the ribbons on the patch which to me say "Vietnam Riverine Veteran" making this a post war Market Time and/or Game Warden patch for a reunion or veterans association.

There ya go.....

nice patch, only the second one I have ever seen, and yours seemed to have been sewn on at one time.

here is one I picked up a few years back, the previous owner had tried to identify it for years and never could.

blockade (4).jpg

WOW SOME ONE ELSE HAS SEEN AND HAS ONE.

I KNOW THEY HAD MANY RIVER UNITS BUT DIDN'T KNOW WHAT KIND.

THANKS FOR THE HELP  AHR

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE FL. & O's OF  121ST.  122ND.  A/B UNITS IN GEORGIA.

1ST.  I HAVE 121ST.  FL. W/ YEL-GOLD BORDER LISTED AS CO. H , 121ST. INF. LRSD GANG - IS THERE A MATCHING OVAL ??

2ND. I HAVE  2  VERSIONS OF 122ND. OVALS ONE PEACHIE COLOR CENTER, SILVER EDGE LISTED AS 122ND. INF. LRS GANG 

AND ONE THAT LOOKS LIKE  THE FL. W/ SILVER EDGE , LT. BLUE UPPER LEFT, WHITE BAR, AND PEACHIE BOTTON RIGHT.

LISTED AS CO. H ,122ND INF. LRS  GANG. NOW I JUST FOUND INFO NAMING THIS LAST SET AS 560TH. BATTLEFIELD SURVEILLANCE BRIG. IS THAT A NEW ASSIGNMENT AND RENAME ??

THANKS FOR LOOKING  AHR

s-l400-1.jpg

s-l400.jpg

560TH BSB.jpeg