What type of pants are these? WW2 ETO AAA unit

Buckshot329

Buckshot329

As the title says, what type of pants are these men wearing?

Pictured are two members of the 45th AAA Group somewhere in France late (I'm thinking October or early November)1944.

From other pictures I have of this unit they apparently stopped at a knocked out German vehicle while en route.

IMG_3186-1.jpg

They appear to be AAF A-4 flight trousers. Note the guy on the ground has one leg unzipped to the top. These pants would be rather toasty even in sub zero weather.

Allan

Buckshot329
57 minutes ago, Allan H. said:

They appear to be AAF A-4 flight trousers. Note the guy on the ground has one leg unzipped to the top. These pants would be rather toasty even in sub zero weather.

Allan

Same unit on a coffee & donut break during the same ride from France to Belgium. I also posted this picture somewhere else as I'm looking for a parka like on the guy bottom left. On this picture I can count three guys with the trousers. The guy on the bottom right with the shades is the same as the one on the first picture, the soldier with the unzipped leg is not in this 2nd pic. That makes 4 guys wearing the trousers (in a very small unit). I know from experience open jeep rides can get very very cold so I'm guessing that's why an AAA unit has flight trousers?

IMG_2290-1.jpg