Buckshot329

What type of pants are these? WW2 ETO AAA unit

As the title says, what type of pants are these men wearing?

Pictured are two members of the 45th AAA Group somewhere in France late (I'm thinking October or early November)1944.

From other pictures I have of this unit they apparently stopped at a knocked out German vehicle while en route.

IMG_3186-1.jpg

"In almost all wars, the sight of foreign troops brought fear and terror to the local people, destruction and often senseless killing of local citizens. However, the sight of the American GI always brought smiles and joy to the local French people. They knew we were there to liberate, not to conquer; to help, not to terrorize."

Captain Leo T. Hury, M-Company, 330th Infantry Regiment, 83rd Infantry Division.

In honor of Captain Leo, March 19, 1920 - June 10, 2012

Profile picture: Pfc. John T. DiMauro, E Company, 331st Infantry Regiment

January 23, 1926 - KIA January 13, 1945 near Langlire, Belgium after 11 days on the frontline

Looking for anything related to the 83rd Infantry Division (1917-today)

Visit my personal website: www.normandytothebulge.be

Learn more about the 83rd Infantry Divison assocation at: www.83rdassociation.com

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

They appear to be AAF A-4 flight trousers. Note the guy on the ground has one leg unzipped to the top. These pants would be rather toasty even in sub zero weather.

Allan

Never under-estimate the power of prayer.

donation2007.gif

Looks like a tiger with the turret blown off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

57 minutes ago, Allan H. said:

They appear to be AAF A-4 flight trousers. Note the guy on the ground has one leg unzipped to the top. These pants would be rather toasty even in sub zero weather.

Allan

Same unit on a coffee & donut break during the same ride from France to Belgium. I also posted this picture somewhere else as I'm looking for a parka like on the guy bottom left. On this picture I can count three guys with the trousers. The guy on the bottom right with the shades is the same as the one on the first picture, the soldier with the unzipped leg is not in this 2nd pic. That makes 4 guys wearing the trousers (in a very small unit). I know from experience open jeep rides can get very very cold so I'm guessing that's why an AAA unit has flight trousers?

IMG_2290-1.jpg

"In almost all wars, the sight of foreign troops brought fear and terror to the local people, destruction and often senseless killing of local citizens. However, the sight of the American GI always brought smiles and joy to the local French people. They knew we were there to liberate, not to conquer; to help, not to terrorize."

Captain Leo T. Hury, M-Company, 330th Infantry Regiment, 83rd Infantry Division.

In honor of Captain Leo, March 19, 1920 - June 10, 2012

Profile picture: Pfc. John T. DiMauro, E Company, 331st Infantry Regiment

January 23, 1926 - KIA January 13, 1945 near Langlire, Belgium after 11 days on the frontline

Looking for anything related to the 83rd Infantry Division (1917-today)

Visit my personal website: www.normandytothebulge.be

Learn more about the 83rd Infantry Divison assocation at: www.83rdassociation.com

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif