Diamond EGA USMC Cover

byf41

I have been hoping to come across one of these ega diamond covers at a reasonable price one day so when this one came along for next to nothing I was very happy . Its the Blue Anchor 1953 contract version In very nice used condition with diamonds on both sides . WWII swivel bail shell and I think Korean era liner . I don't know If the liner Is original to the set but this Is how I acquired It right out of the weeds . I know some of you guys are Interested In these so I thought I would share .

IMG_4897.jpg 2.jpg

IMG_4898.jpg 2.jpg

That version has always intrigued me. There's a considerable amount of extra work involved just to add a stamped EGA which could have easily been stamped directly onto the cover. The extra material needed was not so much a big deal as there was probably plenty of cutting scraps to provide the diamond. Makes you wonder if they were produced with a special purpose in mind, for officers, etc. I've never had a chance to add one to my collection that was in my price range. That's a nice one.

3 hours ago, Cap Camouflage Pattern I said:

This one has an EGA stamped under the top of the diamond?

Its a 1953 blue anchor cover, with these diamond ega covers you see all the cover varieties they just used whatever covers that were in the supply chain.....mike