romans11servant

Where can I find/buy/have made replicas of WW1 or WW2 foreign ribbons?

I thought I remembered a post on this website about someone who had General MacArthur's or Gen Patton's ribbon rack reproduced? I collect ribbon bars of US and Foreign-issued to US military personnel and I am trying to find old ribbon bars with rosettes and devices, etc. like those on MacArthur's uniform which are extremely difficult to find! It's like finding a needle in a haystack. Also Vietnam ribbon bars with rosettes and Korean ribbons issued to senior ranking military personnel.

I just saw a French Legion of Honor (Grand-Croix) [image below] pop-up on eBay and it sold before I could hit the buy now button. Thanks!

post-2023-1246858830.jpg

Screenshot_20200627-063437.png

Screenshot_20200618-160451.png

Off the top of my head I can't remember but there was someone on Ebay that used to list lots of rosettes

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

The OMSA Ribbon Bank typically has most foreign ribbons that you could want. 

There are also several sellers on eBay that often stock extensive foreign ribbon - you just have to search for them (there are three or four who routinely have stuff).

As far as the rosettes for the ribbons, those are tough to find without finding the vintage ribbons themselves. I once stumbled upon a small box of WW1 to WW2 French ribbon material, rosettes, palms and the like in a small militaria shop in the south of France. That was 18 years ago...I still kick myself for not buying the box. 

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

It just came to me the Ebay seller is Menelder, have seen rosettes being sold by him

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif