Why would this gun be wanted?

stratasfan

9 hours ago, stratasfan said:

Thanks for all the thoughts! Very interesting about the destruction of the guns! I never knew that really. I mean, I know they get rid of old weapons, but never thought about it. I know Russia just has theirs filling warehouses! :) Suppose I never thought about what the US did. So, when I ran across that thread, I wondered what would make people interested in it. So, thanks for all the input!

mikie --- That is cool about your long-term restoration! 

Thank you. Since everyone else is posting pics of their squashed cut up junk, hope you don't mind if I add mine.  Also sorry it isn't US, but it does illustrate my reasoning.  I started out with the first picture and was just going to put some grips on it and have it sticking from the holster for display.   But the temptation was too great and I kept picking up more and more parts. It may not have been a practical way of getting one of these guns, but it was fun and kept me out of other kinds of trouble for a while.  

Mikie

Enfield No 2 (1).jpg

Enfield No2 and holster rig small.jpg

7 hours ago, kfields said:

I have a 'wall of rust' where I hang stuff like that in my barn. Two conditions: Price has to be right (less than $20) and it has to be in hopeless condition! Lots of comments over the years!

And if there's ever a gun buyback in your area you can turn a profit! 

39 minutes ago, VMI88 said:

And if there's ever a gun buyback in your area you can turn a profit! 

Haha...I never thought of that!

1 hour ago, mikie said:

Thank you. Since everyone else is posting pics of their squashed cut up junk, hope you don't mind if I add mine.  Also sorry it isn't US, but it does illustrate my reasoning.  I started out with the first picture and was just going to put some grips on it and have it sticking from the holster for display.   But the temptation was too great and I kept picking up more and more parts. It may not have been a practical way of getting one of these guns, but it was fun and kept me out of other kinds of trouble for a while.  

Mikie

Enfield No 2 (1).jpg

Enfield No2 and holster rig small.jpg

Wow Mikie....I love it!

12 hours ago, kfields said:

I have a 'wall of rust' where I hang stuff like that in my barn. Two conditions: Price has to be right (less than $20) and it has to be in hopeless condition! Lots of comments over the years!

IMG_20200629_111949089.jpg

Please forgive me for sidetracking, but what the heck is that thing hanging by the trigger guard right above the "CA" in the banner? 

That is my latest purchase from the monthly flea market at the fairgrounds - $5. It's the frame of an old Hamilton Boys rifle. Looks like somebody whittled revolver grips for it and "hand fitted" them (haha). Maybe a gift to a small boy to play with 90 years ago on the farm.

Kim

IMG_20200630_125127012.jpg

I just wanted to say thank you to Elizabeth for asking such a good question.  It gave us all a good excuse to show off our old bits of chopped up metal.  Hope we didn't get to carried away giving you an answer.  It's nice to know my insanity is shared by at least a few others.

Mikie