13th Quartermaster Company Legit?

jmpmstr

Hello all

I’ve got this in real or what but no traction so trying here. Not my area of expertise so soliciting opinion. I recently came into a binder of patches from various periods. This is one that I’m not familiar with and don’t know the legitimacy of it. Your community opinions are welcome and appreciated. 

CBCAB92D-1456-4DDF-8302-9264DD98E8F5.jpeg

149F1C45-EAAF-4E28-8F44-68DBD9F6A41D.jpeg

It is a copy. the only way it comes is embroidered with a waffle weave. Extremely rare and I mean really rare and expensive.

3 hours ago, mortaydc60 said:

It is a copy. the only way it comes is embroidered with a waffle weave. Extremely rare and I mean really rare and expensive.

Mort is completely correct. This patch is a reproduction and originals are VERY rare. That being said, the piece that you have would make a pretty decent space filler unless and until a collector could find or afford to add an original. It has some value on its own merits. There aren't a ton of these out there.

Allan

I appreciate your collective expertise thank you all. The lot was a gamble I figured there would be some reproduction patches but some goodies as well. I’m glad to know there’s some value in at least this one. 

Hey I was thinking, is there a tell in the construct of the patch that indicates a particular maker? Or does this appear to be a one off? 
Ive not been able to find an image of a legit one, anyone have an image for reference here? 

BILL THE PATCH

I know HD saunders military patch company in Florida had a whole set of these back in the 90's. Same construction but not sure who made them.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

The "Tell" for the construction is the waffle weave that is clearly seen in the patch. Looks like a row of "W's" across the patch. Believe these were made by Gemsco and look for image of 47th Eng or 19th Ord which his easier to find than the QM patch on the net to see what the weave looks like or check the ASMIC Trading Post which had images. hope this helps. Most in this set are in the 2-300 range while the QM is over 1K.