751st Tank Battalion

SDC

Does anyone know if there are any organizations focused on the WWII 751st Tank Battalion, veterans and/or descendants?  TIA

The lastest  date  I could  find of a 751st Tank Bn reunion was 20 years ago: since then most WWII reunion associations have shut down.

Thanks for the quick response.  The 751st was attached to the 10th Mountain Div. in Northern Italy (my father’s outfit).  A friend in the area found a mess tin ID’d to a member of the 751st and would like to track down the family.  Will try some other ideas.

1 hour ago, SDC said:

would like to track down the family.

Of course it was the family that got rid of it in the first place...  

Send me the vet's name  and I'll see if any of my subscription databases have an obituary.  Since the chldren of WWII vets are now 70-80 years old - if alive -  it has become even harder to track down living descendants. 

I guess I wasn’t clear, my buddy lives in Italy where these units were engaged in the Feb-April timeframe.  A farmer was using it all these years as a “small pot”.

"Gordon married Sophia J Maynard (born Kusner) on month day 1949, at age 25 at marriage place, Ohio.

Sophia was born on May 29 1925, in Rossford, Wood, Ohio, United States.

They had 3 children: Gordon D Maynard and 2 other children."

His son died in 2013: https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/toledoblade/obituary.aspx?n=gordon-maynard&pid=168602169&fhid=13854

Great, thanks!  I tried the other number you found but it’s been disconnected.  My next idea was to contact the funeral home that handled junior’s arrangements to see if they could hook me up to a family member.  I’ll keep you posted and thanks again.