Beware of this English made Amphibious Forces Patch

Gunslinger

These have been popping up everywhere with Sellers claiming they are Very Hard to Find Amphibious Forces which they aren't.

Some Sellers have completely Misidentified this insignia as it is without question Post WWII and secondly the badge worn by 148 Battery Royal Artillery. This badge should sell for between $20-25.00.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VHTF-British-Made-WW-2-Combined-Amphibious-Forces-Wool-Patch-Inv-J432/362976418677?hash=item5483149b75:g:uXAAAOSw86Zen11S

CDub

This looks like a post war copy of the WW2 British Combined Operations SSI worn by their Army and Royal Marine Commandos.  I believe it is a total fake piece as according to my reference the design of this patch was changed near the end of the war in November of 1944 so there was no legitimate post war patch of this design.      

Here are some images of this C.O. Badge being worn by Forward Observation Units

629333235_NewSH160045002.jpg.fa5a80db3b293a7b4751a45e72a5d99b.jpg831338961_NewSH160045007.jpg.1834e2944212e1665d41760e306a0d4a.jpg

CDub

ocsfollowme

very much a reproduction. I was burned $20-25 4-5 years ago with one of these. 

Here is mine. I was a sucker. They do not glow on the reverse. But the white thread is not standard cotton WW2

1.jpg

Steve,

You may not be aware that the Combined Ops badge were reintroduced in Feb 1948 for Army and Royal Marine battle dress. The imformation can be found in National Archive Kew file DEFE2/992 & Adm 1/25158. The order states the background was to cut into a circle three inches in diameter. 

148 Battery Royal Artillery are attached to RM and have used this sign since 60's.

More information about these can found on the British Badge Forum.

Yes, there are reproductions of this badge. The details are always the give away example being the embroidery, smaller anchor fauls, etc.

CDub

I thought they were currently wearing a merrowed edged version of the design (below) that came out at the end of WW2 but I didn't know that some units had gone back to the first design.  

s-l1600 (42).jpg

The images posted are to show the C.O. badge is still in use today. Search the Suez Conflict, you will find images of the C.O. badge in use during the 1950s.

Black commando dagger on green is used by 3 Cdo Brigade & attached units.

Red commando dagger on black is used to identify personel who completed the All Arms Commando Course.

Amphibious Assault Badge (old design C.O. Badge) is worn by RM Amphibious Assault Groups and other Army units (148 Battery RA) that entitled to wear the badge. 

148 Battery is the successor to the COBU.

CDub