Unknown Observe & Report DI pin Cobra Eby Phila.

Carabinieri

Carabinieri

Hello,

Hoping someone might recognize this pin.  Observe and Report motto, with a cobra in the clouds in a triangle.  Pinback by S. E.  Eby of Philadelphia.  The 12th Observation group of the AAF has an insignia with the motto Observe and Report, but the badge is a goose in a circle.  Likely this is also an observation group but have not been able to find any information.

Thanks for looking!

d2.jpg

d1.jpg

8 hours ago, Ilin1979 said:

69th recon company. Asmic  Armor catalog 69B1

69th recon company, hmm the only time there was a 69th Recon Company was in the 50s when the 69th Infantry Division was reflagged 1954 at Ft Dix NJ from the 9th Infantry Division and was a training division,. Could this be a semi official WWII DI for the 69th Infantry Division's 69th Reconnaissance Troop (Mecz)? Recon Troops in Infantry Divisions retitled Recon Companies in the late 40s.

You are right Patches according to ASMIC it is a 1943 era pin for the recon element of the 69th Infantry Division. ASMIC also listed a 50's era insignia with the same design but I believe that this is the ww2 era one. Very great find. 

15 hours ago, Ray42 said:

You are right Patches according to ASMIC it is a 1943 era pin for the recon element of the 69th Infantry Division. ASMIC also listed a 50's era insignia with the same design but I believe that this is the ww2 era one. Very great find. 

Right, this one posted looks WWII I was thinking, then it would be the unit's Recon Troop, we gather by what ASMIC says that the same DI began to be worn again in the mid 50s, in the Sgt Bilko Division LOL.