Triple campaign liner

Jones_Bradock

Jones_Bradock

I picked up this Firestone liner the other day. The markings have clearly been painted over but there is a 33rd infantry insignia on the left side, painted over. The webbing and suspension are od and khaki. The refitted webbing is named and documented in the archives with photos from 60-63. Looks like a three campaign liner. Any thoughts?

IMG_20200623_182158115.jpg

IMG_20200623_182211864.jpg

IMG_20200623_182222259.jpg

IMG_20200623_182431277.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The Rooster

Its not a WW2 liner that was re webbed. There is no gromet hole in the front. Mid 50's to early 1960's.

To me, it looks like a late 1950's early 1960's liner. If its got the 33rd infantry Brigade Symbol on it, it was used

by the Ilinois Army National Guard..

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 7:47 AM, rooster77 said:

Its not a WW2 liner that was re webbed. There is no gromet hole in the front. Mid 50's to early 1960's.

To me, it looks like a late 1950's early 1960's liner. If its got the 33rd infantry Brigade Symbol on it, it was used

by the Ilinois Army National Guard..

+1

It's only the Drawstring that's an Khaki, probably old stock lying around and used for it when it was made.

The Rooster
On 6/23/2020 at 6:46 PM, Jones_Bradock said:

I picked up this Firestone liner the other day. The markings have clearly been painted over but there is a 33rd infantry insignia on the left side, painted over. The webbing and suspension are od and khaki. The refitted webbing is named and documented in the archives with photos from 60-63. Looks like a three campaign liner. Any thoughts?

Okay Isee what you are asking. Its a repurposed WW2 firestone liner. Prob rewebbed for Korea. The 33rd Brigade decal denotes NationalGuard. unless its from ww2?

How far under the paint is it? Does it look like the first thing applied? Is it under many coats.? Sorry for the quick judgement. Ultimately, there is no way to tell.

Its all guesses.

The Rooster

Yea wait a second...... Its got no hole in the front. Back to my original guess. Late 50's  liner.

Illinois Army National Guard.

On 7/22/2020 at 10:39 PM, rooster77 said:

Yea wait a second...... Its got no hole in the front. Back to my original guess. Late 50's  liner.

Illinois Army National Guard.

Right, it will be the OD WEB Suspension, it looks like it's drawstring is old stock Khaki of the WWII period.