German Kampfgeschwader belt captured by 7th Armored

Yankeeman

This is a Kampfgeschwader belt which was captured by a Harry F. Kunselman, who was apart of the 40th tank battalion, 7 Armored division. The belt is presumed to have been captured at Hörsching, or in that area as it has a stamp which designates it to that barracks (FI.H). The belt belonged to one of the following units:

I./Kampfgeschwader (J)27 <  Teile I./Kampfgeschwader (J)27 II./Kampfgeschwader (J)27 Teile II./Kampfgeschwader (J)27 Teile III./Kampfgeschwader (J)27 Teile IV./Kampfgeschwader (J)27 I./Kampfgeschwader 76 <  III./Kampfgeschwader 76 I. / Kampfgeschwader 51-

III. / Schlacht-Geschwader 101 

I had gotten this belt in a lot of misc. US equipment and uniform pieces, i had thought it was a Sam Browne belt but when i got it in person i realized it was a German belt.

(Special thanks to my German friend Cerb for doing most of the research on this)

C4E54C8B-00D5-4005-84CA-C44B76E9DC21.jpeg.7977732cc615af7aac44cff2b7e61f0c.jpegEEEA022B-D80C-4D7C-A22E-049EB628BE7F.jpeg.fe338e30182d1dba4f8a9ce2e5ce215c.jpeg

Kurt Barickman

Been quite awhile since I collected German, but if I remember correctly, Kampfgeschwader are Luftwaffe bomber units. I could be wrong as I often am but am pretty sure.

Kurt

Kampfgeschwader is a combat squadron. The (J) stands for Jagdgeschwader or fighter squadron. Has nothing to do with paratroopers (Fallschrimjäger)

2 hours ago, Kurt Barickman said:

Been quite awhile since I collected German, but if I remember correctly, Kampfgeschwader are Luftwaffe bomber units. I could be wrong as I often am but am pretty sure.

Kurt

47 minutes ago, Eric Queen said:

Kampfgeschwader is a combat squadron. The (J) stands for Jagdgeschwader or fighter squadron. Has nothing to do with paratroopers (Fallschrimjäger)

You both are right, i went through the screenshots again and realized the mistake i made after reading your comments. I will try to figure out how i can correct my error as i don’t want to mislead anyone, even on accident.C87BD248-3806-4390-B97B-37340E5B0CEA.jpeg.9451f63c481ee765fed4de06eae85539.jpeg